The Nuggets snapped their seven game losing streak to the Pistons with a 102-107 win against Detroit Friday night. It wasn’t easy for Chauncey to finally get a W against his former team, the game went back and fourth all night with 14 lead changes and nine ties.
- Glad to see Arron Afflalo starting for Denver and truly making a difference. I know we are guard heavy, but we gave him up for next to nothing . He’s making a difference on both ends of the floor for the Nuggets. He’s a starter in the NBA…it would be nice if they updated his profile picture in his Denver uniform. NBA webmaster fail.
- A monster game from Jason Maxiell, who put his athleticism and strength on display. Maxiell went 7-for-9 for 16 points, a blocked shot and 8 boards in 24 minutes. Denver didn’t know what to do with Maxi.
- On the other side of things… Charlie V 5 points 0n 2-for-6 , 7 boards in 18 minutes. At least he’s grabbing boards when his shot inst working.
- Do we get alarmed with the way Ben Gordon’s season has turned out or do we blame injury or playing time?
- Some key baskets again from Rodney Stuckey, who scored 19 with 7 boards and six assists. Was he trying to show Chauncey up? I would be trying to if I was him, but what his stat line does suggest is that he’s turning into a complete player.
- Jonas Jerebko can’t get a call to save his life. When will this kid get some respect from the refs? The whistle was going against the Swede all night long and his playing time was hampered by fouls. Just 18 minutes with 9 points on 4-for-5 shooting with and assist and 2 boards. How great was it to see Jonas shirts and horn in the crowd in Denver. The Need4Swede is everywhere.
- The Pistons really played a good 48 even though they didn’t come out ahead. Board war won 50 to 38 and they had 21 assists on the night.
- Little disappointed in Detroit’s free throw shooting lately.
- Chauncey with 25 on the night with 2 assists and 4 turnovers. The man is still Mr. Big shot no matter where he is.
- I caught Chauncey’s post game interview and noticed something funny sitting in his locker. A white lunch bag with different colored hearts all over it, I think his wife Piper must have packed him a post game snack. My guess PBJ and a Capri Sun.
- Plenty of Blocked shots in this one. Detroit blocked 5 and Denver 7.
- Chris Wilcox and Kwame Brown not active for this one because of health reasons.
- Highlights of The Game via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/nuggets/2010/02/26/0020900867_det_den_recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Anyone else notice Jason Maxiell’s jump shot has been money lately?
- Rip led the Pistons with 20 on 5-for-17 shooting with 5 assists and 6 boards. He’s looking better and better ever game.
- Bynum just doesn’t look right lately.
- One points shy of a double-double for Ben Wallace, who scored 9 with 10 boards a steal and 2 blocked shots. Where would this season be without him?
- So…can we officially say we are going for the ping pong balls now?
- Tonight against the Warriors.