Despite a 14 point first half lead, Chris Wilcox playing his best ball in a
Pistons uniform and Rip Hamilton leading the Pistons with 20 points, Detroit
lost their 10th straight game to the Dallas Mavericks 93-98.
- The Pistons started hot and Dallas shot 28.6 percent and trailed 22-14 after
- Detroit looked like a rejuvenated team Tuesday night in Dallas, regardless of
the loss. Great first half, but things changed in the third quarter when
Dallas started making their shots.
- With Will Bynum out, Chucky Atkins played just 7 minutes.
- Pleasant surprise of the night, Chris Wilcox.
- Big shots late in the game for Rodney Stuckey kept Detroit in the game but he
didn’t hit a shot till the second half.
- Are you kidding me Mr. Wilcox? It’s about time that Chris is being the Chris I thought he was.
- Dunk, after Dunk after dunk. Wilcox scored 8 of his 12 points in the first quarter jump starting Detroit to first half domination. Chris also grabbed six boards in his 20 minutes on the court.
[flashvideo file=http://www.need4sheed.com/videos/flash_videos/jan_5_10_wilcox_1.flv /]
Video Courtesy of The NBA and The Detroit Pistons
- Is Jason Maxiell in the dog house again? DNP for the Baby Eater.
- Tayshaun Prince looked comfortable last night and did a great job down the stretch limiting Dirk. Tay finished with 12 points on 5-for-11 shooting with 5 boards, 2 assists a steal and a blocked shot.
- With Tay and Wilcox playing so well there wasn’t much Need4Swede. Jonas played just 14 minutes, but his 2 points came from a nice dunk.
- Rodney scored 10 in the fourth with the game on the line but couldn’t make the WIDEST open three since …well that miserable night against the Spurs. Rodney finished with 15 on the night.
- 12 boards and 6 points for Mr. Wallace. When Ben plays like that, Detroit usually always has a chance to win.
- You kidding me Charlie V? Villanueva hit 4 huge 3-pointers in the first half which helped the Pistons pull away. He finished with 17 and 9 boards, that’s the Charlie V we want to see. Anyone else besides me wondering why he wasn’t on the floor when Detroit needed a three to tie the ball game?
- Ben Gordon just 9 points on 4-for-11 shooting with 4 turns. I knew he was going to have a bad night as soon as his first shot hit the side of the backboard like my grandma shot it.
- Damn you Jason Terry and your 26 points and silly airplane dance.
- Last Pistons double-digit losing streak was the 13-game tank for Grant Hill in 1994.
- It hasn’t been fun to watch this team lately, but last night at least it showed that they still have some fight left in them.
- 44 points in the Paint for Detroit.
- Board war lost 41-47.
- Exciting finish to the game, if you missed it the NBA.com Highlights will help you out.
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/mavericks/2010/01/05/0020900502_DET_DAL_recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Another game tonight against our good friend Antonio McDyess and his San Antonio Spurs. For a man who’s quiet and reserved, Antonio tells his true feelings about the Chauncey Billups trade last season.
“I think ever since they traded Chauncey away, everything just kind of went downhill from there,” said McDyess, who will face the Pistons tonight. “It’s like they broke up all chemistry, and I really didn’t understand the whole logic of that trade.
“I guess they really was in a rebuilding stage, and it’s showing now.”
- Yes it is Dyess….
- To stir things up even more what is the Dumars for Governor of Michigan rumor I’m hearing. Let him fix this team before he even attempts to fix the State please.