The Pistons actually looked like they were going to cruise through their game Saturday night against New York. Up by as much as 21 points and putting on a show, Detroit let the Knicks climb their way back and take this game down to the final seconds. It was two free throws with 9.4 left that clenched the Pistons third straight victory 90-94.
- Though Ben Gordon, Will Bynum and Tayshaun Prince were all listed as questionable, none of them took the court for Detroit.
- David Lee (26) and Danilo Gallinari pack (27) pack quite a punch.
- Lively crowd at the Palace, especially at the end when the game was on the line.
- The best game for Chris Wilcox who’s been really contributing since he’s been in the starting lineup. Wilcox put up a doubl-double with 14 points, 10 boards and a blocked shot in just 16 minutes on the floor. How about another Rip alley oop to Wilcox for the game.
- FYI the Palace store has absolutely no Wilcox merchandise available.
- With the help of Nate Robinson off the bench, the Knicks went on a 24-10 run to take the game down to the final seconds.
- After Friday night’s heroics in the fourth quarter and a trip to the hospital for Rodney Stuckey (to get his fluids replenished), Rodney led the team with 20 points, 4 assists, and three steals. Forty two minutes for a guy who could barley walk the night before and he leads his team to victory two games straight.
“I will just fight through it,” he said. “When (Ben Gordon) and Will (Bynum) get back, maybe I’ll get some rest. But for now, I have to keep fighting.” Stuckey Via Pistons.com
- I feel like a broken record when I talk about Jonas Jerebko and yes maybe I am a JJ slappy, but I love it that he works hard for every single opportunity he gets. Not only does he make plays for himself, he does whatever he can to involve his teammates. Jonas finished with 8 points, 5 boards and a steal on the night.
- Rip with 15 on 5-for-18 shooting with 5 boards and 5 assists. He seems to be making an effort to get the ball where it needs to be.
- Board war won 51 to 39.
- The Pistons were outscored 30-17 in the fourth quarter. Not Fun!
- As for Jonas fouling Gallinari on the tree point try, I didn’t watch the replay of the game but that didn’t look like a foul from where I was sitting. In fact that looked like Jonas got a piece of the ball. How Jonas felt after the call…let’s just say he had a word or two to the officials about what he thought.
- Another good performance from Charlie Villanueva. Charlie scored 19 on 7-for-20 shooting, with 10 boards, 2 blocked shots and a steal. Love that he’s putting up numbers, but don’t know if I want him going 1-6 from downtown. I understand he was huge from three the other night, I just would like to see him get the bulk of his points down low.
- I feel like that was a Sheed deja vu.
“Guys are having fun,” Villanueva said. “Starting to see a little bit of chemistry out there and guys are kind of gelling together. We’ve got to keep it going.” Via Pistons.com
- Though Jason Maxiell didn’t fill the box score, he helped contain David Lee (as much as you can contain him).
- You could clearly see that Ben Wallace and Rip Hamilton were tired after the OT win against the Hornets the night before. Maybe they should have went with Rodney Stuckey to the hospital and got a little jolt themselves. I don’t know how Rodney did it, but he did.
- I have to say I LOVE the antagonizing way Mason says Rodddddneyyyy Stucccccckeeeeey after a basket.
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/pistons/2010/01/16/0020900587_nyk_det_play3.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- I hate that Ben Gordon is sitting dressed on the bench…it’s such a tease.
- Special K and George with their thoughts and some Rodney Stuckey and Villanueva Highlights.
[flashvideo file=http://www.need4sheed.com/videos/flash_videos/jan_16_10_hl.flv /]
Video Courtesy of the NBA and The Detroit Pistons
- Working in the paint again, Pistons with 42 down low.
- The thing that impressed me all night was the great teamwork and ball movement.
- Back to Back thrillers just might be a way to keep this team in the W column.
- A MLK Matinee with the Knicks on Monday should prove interesting. Three games in 4 days, with NY gunning for revenge.
- You should head on over to The Knicks Blog and check out Anthony “Rice Balls” Donahue talking Knicks and Pistons on his show.
- Curious to know what impressed you the most?