The Pistons looked good for about 3 quarters last night against the Spurs, but a fourth quarter collapse made their now 11 game slide inevitable. Even Rip Hamilton’s’ game high 29 points was not enough as the Pistons lose another to the Spurs 92-112.
- Jason Maxiell, who didn’t play a minute in the Pistons lost to Dallas, started in place of Jonas Jerebko and finished with 5 points, 2 steals and 7 boards . I for one was surprised with the change.
- Nice to see McDyess smiling again, even if it’s not with The Pistons.
- Rodney Stuckey, who finished with 13 points, 4 boards and 0 assists in 24 minutes. Stuckey tweaked his knee early in the game and didn’t play much of the fourth. No word yet on his status.
- Rip Hamilton led Detroit with 29 points om 12-22 shooting with 2 assists a steal and one board.
- Recap with Greg and George
- Tayshaun still looks hurt, but he did have a nice block.
- 14 for Charlie V in 23 minutes.
- The final score didn’t really tell the tale of this game, Detroit really did have a chance until mid fourth quarter. I knew it was over after a really bad Ben Gordon turnover with about 6 minutes to go.
- Seriously, when is Ben Gordon going to get his groove back? 4-for-12 shooting with 11 points and 5 turnovers. Not good, not good at all.
- I have to cut the recap short for this one, but feel free to add more in the comments.
- Where is the D? The Spurs shot 58% for the night.
- Ok, can we really (seriously) start talking about tanking yet?
- I will leave you with the NBA.com low lights.