I don’t know if you watched the game, but if you did you may have just been feeling just like quite a few of us Pistons fans felt as we finally got to sit through a Pistons victory. We felt like it was a playoff game.
That may sound silly to you, but it’s true, as I sat and watched the Pistons beat the Wizards 99-90 with a considerable amount of Pistons fans in the Need4Sheed Live Blog, we almost celebrated as if it were a playoff victory.
That’s what a 13 game losing streak does to fans, I can only image what it does to the players and the coaches.
- Ben Gordon dressed for the game, but did not play. Will Bynum and Tayshaun Prince were still in street clothes.
- Thank you Detroit Pistons for playing a complete 48 minutes of hustle and heart. Finally!
- Chris Wilcox stared at PF and Jonas Jerebko started the game place of Prince.
- The Pistons led most of the ball game, but control was slipping in the third when Jamison started getting really hot. Antawan scored a game high 31 points.
- Can’t believe I can say this – Clutch 4th quarter from the Pistons, who shot 67% to make sure they didn’t let this one slip away.
- Need4Swede is a bundle of hustle, making some huge shots late in the fourth quarter when the game was on the line. Jones played all 42 of his minutes like the Energizer Bunny. JJ scored 13 points on 5-for-9 shooting with 7 boards an assist and a blocked shot.
- Thanks have to go out to Ben Wallace for his extreme hustle and heart throughout the losing streak. He even went as far a blaming himself for the teams woes, when he was clearly one of the bright spots. Wallace finished with 4 points, 2 steals, 6 boards, a blocked shot and an assist in 31 minutes. I had a very good feeling when this happened that the Pistons were actually going to win.
Video Courtesy of The NBA and The Detroit Pistons
- The Pistons biggest lead was 12, while the Wizards had an 8 point lead at one point.
- Rodney tied a career high with 11 assists. That was huge for Detroit who racked up 23 assists on the night.
- Despite 19 points from Rip Hamilton, he looked off most of the game. He was 8-23 on the night with 7 assist and 4 turnovers. At one point most of us watching the game just wanted him to stop shooting.
- Chuckey Atkins did his part by hitting some huge three’s. Atkins went 3-5 from downtown with 2 assists and 3 boards in 22 minutes on the floor. Each shot he made came right when the Pistons needed something big.
- Eighteen minutes for Maxiell, who didn’t fill the box but had a solid game.
- Huge night for Rodney Stuckey, with 19 points, 11 assist, a steal and 6 boards. You can’t ask a guy to come close to a triple-double every night, but he really did what he had to do to get his teammates involved.
Highlights via NBA.com
“Somebody had to win tonight — and we just wanted it to be us,” said Hamilton. “We knew when we came in tonight, we could only worry about us.” Via The Detroit Free Press
- With the losing streak behind the Pistons, they still need to recover from their injuries and try to get some kind of flow going. It’s by no means over, but a lot of people are going to sleep a lot better. I know I will.