The Pistons vs. The Rockets

The 11-12 Pistons are in Texas to take on the 13-10 Houston Rockets. The Rockets, who are playing well of late just came off a 101-88 loss at Toronto on Sunday, it was only the team’s second defeat in seven games.

Lucky for Detroit Trevor Ariza, the team’s second-leading scorer, will miss this game after being suspended for swinging his arm at Raptors forward DeMar DeRozan following a steal.

“No Gordon or Bynum tonight, Kuester says. That probably means no tomorrow, either. Maybe Friday in OKC for Gordon, at least? We’ll see.” Via @DETPistons

The Scouting Report via Pistons.com

Get the Flash Player to see this content.

UPDATE: McGrady activated, will play for the first time this season against Detroit.

Tip is at 8:30 pm EST and will be televised on Fox Sports Detroit. For the radio broadcast tune into 97.1 The Ticket or follow the action on NBA.com.

NEED4SHEED GAME CHAT

15 Responses to The Pistons vs. The Rockets

1. DEL says:

I hoped Little Ben would play tonight. we might need him

2. James (Australia) says:

Gordon sounded pretty optimistic the other day, so I’m a little disappointed that he isn’t playing.
    Can’t wait for tonight’s game because it’s the only Pistons game that is being shown in Australia all year(and only cause we are versing David Anderson and the Rockets). With no Ariza, I think we have a good shot. I think Big Ben will have a monster game on the boards versing Chuck Hayes!

3. Adam B says:

This might be interesting in that ‘not-so-good’ way. No Gordon and to ‘replace’ Ariza, Tracy comes back? Rough.

4. The Fan says:

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETROOOOOOOOOOOOOIT BAAAAAAAAAAAAASKETBAAAAAAAAALLLL

5. Amer ican Prince says:

they better not be showing off McGrady for the pistons. I do not want mcgrady here.

But anyway this is going to be a very different game then the last one, but I’m still looking forward to it GO PISTONS

6. The Fan says:

I missed Hamilton so much. He’s such a solid shooter!

7. Adam B says:

This game was brutal to watch. I hope it doesn’t break their stride though.

8. sam i am says:

its ok that they lost, but still dissapointed that it wasnt even close. get ‘em tomorrow night stones

9. asdfasdfas says:

sad loss, truly shows how badly the pistons are doing – we beat five crappy teams in a row but we couldn’t put away a houston team missing its best player and with its 2nd best player just coming out of injury.

on the brightside, the lopsided loss meant chris wilcox and dajuan summers could play.

• Ryan says:

I had to laugh at the hilarity if your post.

Five crappy teams in a row?

The pistons, with all their injuries, have been running on a bench and rookies. It’s amazing that they’ve been able to put up this win streak.

You just called Denver, second in the Western Conference with an 18-7 record, a crappy team.

These comments make me laugh, and this one just reminded me why I don’t check these often.

10. James (Australia) says:

Truly shows how badly the Pistons are doing? Give it a break mate! Teams have off nights, if disappointing performances were consistently being produced then you might have a point, but the fact that this team competes every night, with all their injuries, tells me they are a good team.
    I thought we still had a chance up until that ridiculous three point attempt by Atkins in the 3rd quarter with a chance to cut the lead to 6, not a good shot, and it led to Budinger getting 4 points in a row including that alley-oop.
    The good thing about the blow-out was that our starters didn’t need to play the fourth quarter and they can be ready for tomorrow.

11. DEL says:

that was a pathetic game. in 1st quarter we had 4 air balls! everybody except Rip were taking baaaad shots, and I knew that Stuckey will play terrible, because he got his POTW award and he will have his head in clouds. terrible game by our point guard, terrible start of the game which was crucial, and Stuckey couldn’t handle it. I sooo mad when he plays like that, forcing shots, stupid drives. even when Rip is back and he HAS TO move the ball, he wants to be score most of the points and be in the spotlight.

12. steve says:

This was the team the pistons really are.. before it was all smoke n mirrors… enjoy this season!

13. The Duke says:

Shut up Steve. That wasn’t who we really are. We have been playing well. It’s one game.

14. DEL says:

Stuckey is soooo important for this team, but he needs to understand how and when play sometimes a little bit selfish. he doesb’t know that yet and I’m a little bit worried