The Pistons took every advantage of the Hornets play in the first half, leading by as much as 16 points and 10 going in to the half. But New Orleans tightened up their play and slowly put Detroit away. It may have looked like it was going to go down to the wire, but the Hornets took control in the closing minutes of the fourth giving Detroit no chance to make up ground in the 87-95 loss.
- Rip Hamilton, bothered by his hamstring dressed, but sat out this one.
- No Ben Gordon, or Tayshaun, but Will Bynum came back to contribute.
- Detroit took advantage of the Hornets sloppy play in the first half by converting on 14 New Orleans turnover for 24 points.
- It was the third quarter of doom for Detroit who saw their lead dissaper to just three points at the close of the third.
- David West may be the best NBA player that goes unnoticed by fans. He could not be stopped and lead all scorers with 32 points.
- Rodney Stuckey led the Pistons with 26 points on 11-for-26 shooting, 5 assists and 2 steals.
- Jonas Jerebko is everywhere all the time and his hustle is being rewarded with easy buckets and dunks. Jonas had 6 points, 2 assists and 3 boards in 27 minutes.
- Austin Daye made some big buckets in the first half, knocking down consecutive three pointers like it was nothing. Most impressive near half court make in the closing seconds of the third quarter went in but was just a millisecond too late. Austin finished with 9 points, 3 boards and a steal in 25 minutes.
- Chris Wilcox sighting, 11 minutes with 3 boards and 2 points.
- Hard loss to take when you are up by 16 at one point and Chris Paul has just 2 points at the half.
- Board war lost, 41 to 35.
- Charlie Villanueva has been playing lights out, I’m pretty sure he likes the mask more than he will admit. Our sixth man scored 18 points with 8 boards, 2 assists and a steal.
- Have you noticed that we get some quality ally-oops almost regularly now?
- A DNP for Kwame Brown, and DaJuan Summers.
- Jason Maxiell with just 15 minutes, 3 points and 4 boards. I’m still quite baffled with the step back he’s taken this season.
- Tough loss and a hard back-to-back, but the Pistons only have one day to bounce back with a game in OKC on Friday.
- Do you realize that Ben Wallace is right back up there as one of the league leading rebounders averaging 10 per game. Ben scored 6 with 3 steals, and 7 boards in 36 minutes in the loss.
- Despite his ankle still bothering him, Will Bynum got back on court for Detroit and started dishing the ball immediately. He was part of the surge in the first half that put the Pistons ahead. Will finished with 9 assists, 4 points, 2 steals and 4 turns in 23 minutes. Good to have him back.
- Notice Will’s shoe and ankle in the picture? That doesnt’ look like that suppors a sore ankle.
- Chucky Atkins started the Pistons off when they couldn’t hit a shot. Atkins finished with 13 points, 2 assists and 2 boards in 28 mintues. On a side note, the tattoo on Chucky’s right bicep looks a lot like Vern Troyer…what’s up with that?
- There were 8 lead changes and 9 ties in this one.
- The points in the paint stat is still impressive, 44 for Detroit.
- Highlights of the Game via NBA.com
Get the Flash Player to see this content.
- The Pistons hope to bounce back with a needed road win in Oklahoma City on Friday.