The 4-4 Pistons take on Flip Saunders’ 2-6 The Wizards in Washington.  This will be the first time that Flip will face the Pistons since his termination in 2008.

As for tonight’s matchup:

“Arenas played even though he’s battling a calf injury. Wizards guard Randy Foye sprained his right ankle in the second quarter and his status is uncertain.

Washington is also without starting forward Antawn Jamison (shoulder) and guards Mike James (finger), Javarris Crittenton (foot).

“We just need some rest time,” Saunders said. “I’ve never been in a situation where I’ve lost three point guards.” Via NBA.com

Still no word on Rip, but we do have Will! (I have now watched those dunks well over 100 times, something is wrong with me)

Scouting Report via Pistons.com

Get the Flash Player to see this content.

Tip is at 7:00 and will be televised on FOX Sports Plus (FSN PLUS).. for the Channel numbers in your area please click here. For the radio broadcast tune into 950 AM WWJ or follow the action on NBA.com.

20 Responses to The Pistons vs. The Wizards

1. mannie32 says:

haha i love the several video clips they have of iverson getting burned by randy foye
    so happy those days are behind us

2. Lori says:

Natalie, you are so funny. ” Something is wrong with me”. That cracked me up!

3. adam b says:

All this time I didn’t think I had FSN+ and then I check your listings and there it is! I have it! Thanks for posting the channel numbers, I don’t have to wait until midnight for it to reair.

4. adam says:

we need this w, not just to prove how good we are, but to help us go into this epic lineup that we have coming. good luck to pistons fans over the next 6 games =)

5. brandon says:

such bs the game is on +

6. VJ says:

I need a link like Tyson Chandler needs his manhood back. Can someone please hook me up?

7. DEL says:

wow, what a 3rd quarter. it is 5 minutes left in the 3rd, and we already lost the game

8. adam says:

have faith young one. they just need to cool their jets and stop turning it over. come on boys

9. adam says:

Oh by the way, who else believes that maxiell could eat boykins. XD

10. pistons fan says:

pistons win pistons win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. DEL says:

being up +13 and then stop playing and then being -8, and win that game? that is nice!

great game for CV and little Ben. Gordon really clutch!

12. KleenGee says:

So glad that Saunders isn’t the coach anymore.

Great rebounding by the Stuckey and Bynum.

Some weird palming and traveling calls in the game; it really threw off the flow at times.

Games like this make Dumars an offseason genius. Mr. D would have been proud.

13. Richie says:

Excellent work on the class tonight by the guards. Earl Boykins was impressive tonight, and Ben Wallace is still my hero.

14. Adam B says:

Stuckey and Bynum grabbing boards is really helping us on the glass. Unlikely sources, but I’m impressed with their performances on the glass the last couple games. Charlie and the Bens also did a great job. I’m happy to get a win, this one was needed. I hope we can shock the NBA world and come out with a winning record on our west coast trip that ends with Cleveland and Atlanta. If we come out with a little more cushion in the win column, I’ll be one happy Stonz fan. We are showing improvement every game. I don’t want this season to be about wins and losses, but with the individual and team play getting better, I’m changing my tune a bit. I want some more W’s! :) Keep it up Stonz!

15. matt says:

Went to the game tonight…great turnout from Detroit fans and a great game. Fun seeing the new guys in person for the first time…there’s some great chemistry with these guys and it’ll get better when Tay and Rip are back.

16. James says:

Good win! Especially important to beat teams like the Wizards, Sixers, etc. teams that are going to be challenging us for playoff spots. CV31 is really stroking his shot, and if the Bens don’t make the All-star team than something is wrong!!

If we could come out of November with a winning record that will serve us great for the rest of the way and we should be able to take advantage of an easier middle schedule to climb the ladder.

Love Charlie’s line about never giving up being Detroit basketball!!

17. Rai says:

wow! great win for Detroit! double treat for me today, Detroit wins and Manny Pacquiao wins too! It’s a great day to be both a Pistons Fan and a Pilipino.