Detroit lost their matchup Saturday night with the Memphis Grizzlies 115-94. Bynum led the Pistons with 19 points on 6-8 shooting, and Ben Gordon scored 13.
“They did a wonderful job of transition, taking care of the basketball and sharing the basketball,” Pistons coach John Kuester said. “What we have to do as a team is to become better in our transition defense. We also need to be better at on-the-ball defense. We really struggled.” Via NBA.com
- Charlie Villanueva, who played his first game as a Piston, had 12 points.
- Jonas Jerebko started the game and scored 12 points in 17 minutes with 4 boards.
- Tayshaun Prince missed his second straight pre-season game with a cut toe.
- Rodney Stuckey scored 11 with 3 assists in 30 minutes, he was a -20 for the game (ouch).
- I still think Chris Wilcox will play a larger roll than we thought going in, like I mentioned before he’s my X-factor pick.
- A little worried about the production (or non-production) of Jason Maxiell. I know it’s only the preseason, but he really hasn’t shown much of anything yet. It could be his playing time, but come the regular season we will see if he take a leap forward like I had hoped.
- DNP (coaches decision) for DaJuan Summers, while Chucky Atkins, Washington and Baston each played 3:47. I’m sure Kuester is trying to make his decision on the final roster spots.
- Highlights of the game