Let the (pre-season) Games Begin – The Pistons vs. The Heat

The wait is over for starved Pistons fans who weren’t used to a short post season.  The first pre-season game is tonight at The Palace of Auburn Hills against The Miami Heat .  For those of you who were wondering, this game will be televised on FSN Detroit, so make sure you catch it because besides the last pre-season game this will be the only time to watch what this new team can do before the regular season starts.

If you feel anything like I do, today couldn’t have come quick enough. I am anxious to first off see how Ben Gordon gels with the team and excited to see how Kuester involves the rookies. This is a season of the unknown, many things can happen.

• The Pistons do what most of their fans and the media think, fall short of anything spectacular and just keep their heads above water all season long.
  • They could be worse than people imagined and just not work in their new configuration.
  • They can surprise and do better than anyone expected.
  • They can be very frustrating.
  • They can be very entertaining.

The list can go on…

Personally I am of the belief that this is going to be better than anything we experienced last season. I expect some excitement from our rookies, especially DaJuan Summers. I am always of the half glass full mentality, so I’m holding out hope for a fun and exciting season regardless of the Pistons final record.

One thing I do know is…when people have something to prove they usually do whatever it takes to make their point.

Look out for Bynumite, Ben Gordon, Charlive Villanueva, Chris Wilcox and the always hungry Jason Maxiell.

And Ben Wallace….that’s a different animal altogether.  I’m sure he wants to win back the fans in the city that made him.

As for the game:

Tip off is at 7:30 but tune in to FSN starting at 6:30 with Remembering Chuck Daly followed by the Pistons pre-game show.  When the action starts we can hear the familiar voices of George Blaha and Special K.

97.1 The TicketIf you can’t watch the action, you can follow the game live on NBA.com or listen in at 97.1 The Ticket the new home for Pistons radio broadcasts.  The Ticket’s first Pistons broadcast will begin with their pre-game show at 7 p.m. and they will be taking calls post game as well as your texts.  Call into the station  (248-539-9797) where you can talk to my good friend Matt Dery or text into the station at 97136 (standard text message rates apply).

Notables/Injuries

Charlie Villanueva has been nursing a sore hamstring and is unlikely to play against Miami. Villanueva has missed a couple of practices this week with the injury but was able to do some light running on Sunday.

26 Responses to "Let the (pre-season) Games Begin – The Pistons vs. The Heat"
  1. N1ck says:

Can’t wait!
    Will support this team no matter what.

2. Ted says:

Can’t wait for the Kuester’s and the new players’ toons on the side bar at long last.

3. Robbie says:

I cant wait for the game tonight i have a good feeling about this team this year i think the will be better than we thought.

4. pistons 12345 says:

Does anybody know if this game will be streamed at all?

5. ski dp3 says:

No more chat room? I liked that last season.

6. Dave 3PO says:

As the season begins, progresses, etc, the big question, growing bigger each game, especially around Pistons – Celtics games is:
    How much longer can need4sheed pull off keeping its name?

7. Few issues with the chat..by the time the regular season rolls around I should have a better solution.

In the meantime…lets use this thread.

8. Amer ican Prince says:

Wow I’m really excited. I’m not EXPECTING championship but I have to admit there are a lot of butterflies in my stomach and an anxiousness to get this season going. I’m sooooooooo excited. I think we can expect something like the Denver Nuggets of a couple years ago. Except what I really like about the coaches is first of all having Brian Hill on the bench as an assistant is so freaking awesome in my opinion and I look forward to seeing how much defense Kuester picked up from Mike Brown in Cleveland who learned his defense from Greg Popavitch. Go Pistons and go Dyess

9. Rashit Flawless (Russia) says:

There’s no question – despite Wallace was huge for Detroit, we all luv him – players come, players go. This is more than just a sport, this is a business. And Need4Sheed.com must be alive, must stay as it is. If we win a championship in some following years, there will be a new leader, a hero of Motown, maybe then Nat should change the name. IMO

10. pistons 4 life says:

Is it just me or do other people think that Dejuan Summers is going to be the most productive rookie on this team. Daye might be good down the line, but Summers really seems NBA ready, size and skill level and everything. I’m very excited for this game even though it means nothing. I’m just excited that basketball is back.

11. Bob The Builder says:

Great all ready “injured”

12. pistons 12345 says:

The rookies,vets, and new comers all have something to prove.we finally may have a back up for Tay and this squad could possibly go 9 deep….I think i just drunk to much preseason hype..game at 7:30 wooohooooooooooooooooooo

13. Mike from the ATL says:

Thanks for the great site, and the Pistons are going to be exciting at the very least and coached well. I predict 6th seed and Ben Gordon making the All Star team. He’s happy and might put up 28 a game this year. GO PISTONS!!!

14. Amer ican Prince says:

i think he will be good but I think Jason Maxiell is going to overshadow him because they play the same position so I wonder how much time Dejuan Summers will have, but I do believe he will be productive in the minutes he have. I believe he is going to be a steal from the 2nd round like Mehmet Okur was.

15. ralph says:

does any one have/know a stream thats streaming the game ?

16. tariq says:

looookkk at bens slammmmmmm
    welcome back big fellla

17. Th3 Answ3r says:

Austin Dayes for rookie of the year!! You guys seen how he blocked Dwayne Wade? :p

Oh yeah Nat!! when are you updating the toons? I’m just curious, that’s all.

18. Dre says:

Hey Pistons fans. This is Dre’. I’m just writing to let y’all know ‘Good Win’. May you win many more……..

19. Dre says:

Oh, and “Daye” didnt bother call Wade out after that ‘ferocious’ (nonetheless) block he had on him. Something to think about……..

20. Steve says:

I love what im seeing from the newcomers!…just wish they televised every pre season game.. BIG BEN IS BACK!

21. Amer ican Prince says:

Big Ben looked good. Good couple dunks tipped out loose balls an assist or two. He did good. I really like what I saw from all the bigs. Wilcox Ben Max Kwame.

Could jonas jerebko be the one to bring the bad boys back? He got ejected in his first game. That’s bad boy. haha. Suck on that Magloire trying to punk a sweed

22. The Fluidics says:

Jerebko throws a punch and the crowds spontaniously chants Detroit Basketball, you gotta love it.

23. mannie32 says:

couldnt watch the game but did listen to it
    sounded awesome… and saw a few highlights from nba.com… loved the daye-shaun block on wade and big ben’s put back

24. zkranc says:

haha daye-shaun block, got that right, though

25. DaBoss says:

why didn’t washington and atkins play?

26. Tycoon says:

I hope someone has a clip of that block.

Wed Oct 29       79-89