Around the Way…..The what a glorious weekend edition.
- To start off my weekend I ran into Steve Yzerman at Starbucks, and can you believe the place was packed and nobody but myself realized it was him? Besides my stalking charge it made for a beginning of a great few days, especially after two Wings wins!
- Thank you Dwight for not only being a joy to watch, but taking down those awful Cavaliers. Seeing the Magic stun the World and send the Cavs fishing was just the medicine that this Piston fan needed.
- LeBron….a spoiled sport taking after those Bad Boys . I noticed him bolt off court right after the buzzer sounded and thought the same thing. “It’s hard for me to congratulate somebody after you just lose to them,” James said. (Hat Tip Matt Watson)
- Pistons are the front runners for Carlos Boozer? “Apparently, rising free agent-of-choice Carlos Boozer is telling confidants he’s either going to Detroit or New Jersey — only way the capsized Nets pull that off is by doing a sign-and-trade. Word has it Jersey will have but three assistants next season and all must take pay cuts.” The New York Post (it is coming from Peter Vecesy so take it as strictly RUMOR)
- If the Pistons actually pick up Boozer, can Arnie keep him in uniform all season long?
- Sorry Chauncey.
- Ben Wallace to Retire?
- Walter Herrmann might return to Spain?
- Great Pre-Draft roundup from Dave Dial over at MLive.