The Pistons host the 32-46 New Jersey Nets at The Palace tonight. The Pistons look to take tonight’s game to secure a playoff spot and tie the season series up 2 games all. The Nets, who took it to the Pistons in their last meeting, were eliminated from the playoffs this season when Detroit beat the Knicks Wednesday night in New York.
The Pistons need to stop Devin Harris who has burned them in every meeting they had with the Nets this season.
“He’s an All-Star this year,” Pistons second-year guard Rodney Stuckey said. “He’s improving every year. He’s just a great player. He’s crafty, fast; he’s good, man. Really good.” Via The Detroit Free Press
With four games left, Detroit is in a battle with The Bulls for the 7th seed in the playoffs. With the Bulls win over the Sixers Thursday night they moved ahead of Detroit (by a half of a game) for the 7th spot. The race may just come down to the Bulls – Pistons game at the Palace Monday night.
It’s the home stretch – Get pumped Pistons Fans, Sheed is.
The Good/Bad and More
- Stopping Devin.
- The Pistons haven’t lost the season series with the Nets since dropping three of four meetings in 1993-94.
- It’s refreshing to see that Will Bynum is working every day at being a better NBA point guard.
- More Will at Empty the Bench.
- Even more Will Bynum at Wages of Wins Journal.
- New Detroit Sports blog Motor City Sports and new Pistons blog Motown String Music.
- At this point it doesn’t look like Detroit can sneak into the sixth spot and don’t count on Orlando move up. I don’t think anyone wants to face Detroit in the first round, especially Orlando. It seems as though the Pistons are the Magic’s #1 nemesis.
Tip is at 8:00 PM at the Palace and will be broadcast on FSN. If you can’t watch the telecast you can listen live locally on WDFN 1130 AM, or follow the game through your computer at NBA.com.