With the Piston down two games to the Cavaliers in the first round and showing no fight whatsoever, what do Pistons fans do? For one we admit to ourselves that the team we once knew is only a shell of its former self. We may lay blame on Joe, Tayshaun, Curry, Rip, Sheed, AI or the lack of leadership. But honestly what does that get us other than frustrated? Sure it’s been a good run, but with the talent on this team it shouldn’t end like this.
I’m not claiming it’s over, but it’s hard to stay positive when you have watched this team go through the motions all season long. When you look back at the ’08-’09 Season can you think of one positve thing about it?
- We lost our leader to Denver
- We in turn received a Superstar that said all the right things when he got here, but didn’t make good on a single one.
- We had a season with a new coach that was clearly over his head, especially after Joe D’s “BIG” trade
- Dyess shipped and thankfully returned
- A non existent rotation.
- Sixth man beef!
- Small ball
- Defense disappearance
- Offensive difficulties
- Rodney Stuckey wall
- Kwame Brown
- Arron Afflalo, despite decent play getting buried.
- Cap space
- Hooper doing something….
- A losing season
- An end to a Sellout Streak
- The disappearance of Amir Johnson and Jason Maxiell
- Barley making it to the post season
- Chuck Daly’s fight with Cancer
- The loss of a Great Man, Pistons owner Bill Davidson.
Should I go on?
The only bright spot I can think of right now is guy like Will Bynum making a name for himself after a long road to try to live his dream in the NBA. And helping Detroit along the way.
The Pistons compiled a video with a few bright spots, but does it take away the negative?
Now it’s your turn, vent in the comments.