Pistons vs. Knicks

The Pistons may be without the services of Rasheed Wallace for tonight’s game at the Palace against the New York Knicks. Sheed’s MRI showed nothing a sprained left calf muscle, but could miss tonight’s game. A win tonight against the 26-37 Knicks would be the sixth win for Detroit in their last 7 games since Richard Hamilton returned to the starting lineup (and AI hasn’t touched the court).

Good Odds – Since the start of the 2002-03 season, the Knicks are 1-11 at The Palace of Auburn Hills.

Tonight’s contest at the Palace has a little more to it than just a basketball game.

The 2009 Pistons Care Telethon, benefiting Feed The Children, will take place on Wednesday, March 11. The Detroit Pistons are devoting the entire day, including their game and their broadcast, to raise money for charity. The event will begin early in the morning with radio and television broadcasts taking place at The Palace and will run throughout the day. The event culminates with the Pistons hosting the New York Knicks at 7:30 p.m., broadcast on Fox Sports Detroit.

With Michigan being ground zero in our national economic downturn, the fight against poverty and hunger is harder than ever. This year’s telethon benefiting FTC will dedicate 100% of proceeds to support Michigan residents in critical need throughout the state. The team, and the entire Palace Sports & Entertainment organization, is asking for the support of everyone in the Pistons community.

Donations can be made immediately by visiting www.pistons.com and clicking on the “DONATE NOW” button, calling 877-DEP-2009 or texting DEP to 90999 for an automatic $5 donation. Online donations will be accepted until March 11. Donors interested in participating on the day of the telethon will be provided a toll free number to call throughout the day. To learn more on interactive fund-raising programs that allows individuals, businesses, schools or churches to get involved, visit the Pistons team website. ”

If you are lucky enough to be able to help Feed the Children, please do, every dollar counts. Click here to go directly to the Donate Page.

Tip off is at 7:30 PM at the Palace of Auburn Hills and will be locally broadcast on FSN. If you can’t catch the broadcast you can tune into 1130 AM WDFN. If you can’t do either, follow the game live or listen to the stream over at NBA.com.

Leave them in the Comments.

25 Responses to "Pistons vs. Knicks"
  1. Ken says:

The Pistons got this tonight! Hoping for another amazing performance! We’re on our way to the playoffs!!!!

2. ben says:

does anybody know where i can stream the game online for free

3. ben says:

does anybody know whre i can stream the game online at?

4. d says:

natalie this website is not going to last long
    nobody comments anymore

5. 2 pints of booze says:

I like Maxiell and all but taking him 5 spots ahead of David Lee makes taking Darko 2 overall look wise.

6. Slim Shady says:

ICE FOR MOTHER F****NG DYESS! OMG COMING THROUGH IN THE CLUTCH 19 AND 21 BOARDS WITH HALF A MINUTE… WHAT A PERFORMANCE… 2 BIG FREE THROWS AND A MIDRANGE IN THE FINAL MINUTE WITH STILL HALF A MINUTE LEFT AND A 3 POINT LEAD… COME ON DEEEEETROIT HOLD THE LEAD…. AI AND SHEED COME BACK SOON

7. ben says:

mcdyess is a damn beast.. player of the game i love seeing how much heart he has

8. Slim Shady says:

THAT A BOY RODNEY WAY TO MAKE BOTH FREE THROWS BABY BABYYYY 13 SECONDS LEFT

9. ben says:

is it just me or do we always ALWAYS seem to lose to these fuckers in overtime this is ridiculous

10. Metah says:

rip, you srewed up.

I DEMEND AN APPOLOGY.

i know youre human and make mistakes, just like MJ, but that was some boneheaded decision making. and you solley are responsible for the loss.

11. Metah says:

GOD! you screwed up dyess performance.

12. Amer ican Prince says:

I wrote this during the 8 game losing streak but right after I finished is when we started winning. But after I saw this game (yes I know Sheed was out but the plays and players were still just awful) These are the last 4 verses of Edgar Allen Poe’s poem “The Raven“, with a slight tweaking. I’m not a poet and I know it, but still..

Prophet!’ said I, `thing of evil! – prophet still, if coach or devil! -
    Whether tempter sent, or whether tempest tossed thee here ashore,
    Desolate yet all undaunted, on this snowy land enchanted -
    On this Palace by playbook haunted – tell me truly, I implore -
    Is there – is there defense in Auburn Hills? – tell me – tell me, I implore!’
    Quoth the Curry, `Nevermore.’

“Prophet!” said I, “thing of evil- prophet still, if coach or devil!
    By that blackberry that texts above us- by that GM we did adore-
    Tell this soul with sorrow callous if, within the distant Palace,
    where the fans have witnessed malice, which was etched in Pistons lore-
    Grasp a rare and shiny ring which thrice was etched in Pistons lore.”
    Quoth the Curry, “Nevermore.”

“Be that word our sign in parting, puppet or fiend” I shrieked, upstarting-
    “Get thee back into the tempest and the Night’s Plutonian shore!
    Leave no pin-stripe as a token of that lie thy soul hath spoken!
    Leave my loneliness unbroken!- quit the 7th chair on the Palace floor!
    Take thy playbook from out my heart, and take thy form from off the floor!”
    Quoth the Curry, “Nevermore.”

And the Curry, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
    On the leather chair that’s resting, on the side of the Palace floor
    And his eyes have all the seeming of a rookie that is dreaming,
    And the lighting o’er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
    And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted- nevermore!

Couple words people might have trouble with
    Tempest = storm
    Lore = all the facts and traditions about a particular subject that have been accumulated over time through education or experience.
    Thrice = three
    Night’s Plutonian shore = Roman mythology underworld ruler Pluto
    If you’d like to know more, please visit your local library.
    Just want to say I know this isn’t all Curry’s fault. Players are just as much at fault and so is Joe D. And if I come across other things for others I might try it again with them, but a lot of it is Curry’s fault. Bad play calling, bad use of timeouts everything. I’m just mad right now.
    I can’t believe they didn’t win this for Dyess
    Ice for Dyess.

13. ben says:

okay that above was just gay and not necessary

14. shab says:

pistons suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go nuggets!!!

15. Lori says:

AI and Sheed better heal up fast!! Losing truly sucks, especially after Dyess played so incredibly well.

American Prince, what does ” And if I come across other things for others I might try it again with them ” mean? I bet I’ll agree with you once I can figure it out.

WE NEED A REAL COACH (I always say that).

16. KleenGee says:

“shiny ring which thrice was etched in Pistons lore”

awesome line

17. Amer ican Prince says:

Lori just meant that I didn’t want it to seem like I was putting this solely on Curry and if I found other materials, like songs a movie speech something that I think symbolizes the players who aren’t giving everything they have or anything like that, in the interest of fairness I might do one about them. Though to be honest I probably won’t unless something really hits me as perfect. I think that one thing filled up my dork quota for the year. But still I figured it’d be better to read than the same old same old. I was on the internet one day and came across something talking about that poem and just thought it fit.

ben
    the poem has no preference one way or the other.

Just to be clear NOT giving up on the Pistons, if they get hot at the right time, they may just pull it out. We’ll see. And all I know is I’ll be here every step of the way win or lose.

18. Ricardo says:

Walter committed the DUMBEST charge in the history of the universe.

It seems like he’s only playing because people like his hair. This guy isn’t an NBA player.

19. Russian_Pistons says:

2 Ricardo
    That’s what I’ve been talking to folks here – Herrmman was ORDINARY player in ORDINARY club in Europe. Folks here must be dumb to likje him for his “once-in-10-games-onehanded-tricks”. He is not NBA player for sure. No questions about it. I’ve been watching him for 10 years already and I’m accountable for my words.

20. Janet says:

I was at the game last night, and had a great time despite the loss.
    If only Hughes wasn’t fouled on that 3 point attempt grrrrr (among a few other things), I think this would have been a @ not an L!!!
    McDyess was great last night with his rebounding efforts and scoring with some great last second shots too.

21. Dorlam says:

Omg maybe A.I. is messing up the plays…lol fools

22. Amer ican Prince says:

Yeah I agree Dorlam come to think of it, it is just like AI to abandon his teammates now that they needed him. See he just doesn’t care about this team. lol.

Oct-30       102-113