The Pistons vs. The Cavaliers

The Pistons start off their brutal road trip in Cleveland tonight to face LeBron James and his 42-11 Cavs.

“We lost again,” guard Rodney Stuckey said. “I don’t know. I really can’t explain anything anymore. We just keep losing, and now we’ve got some great teams to play.” Via NBA.com

Stuckey has averaged 8.2 points during the Pistons current skid, and has totaled five points in his last two games.

Now they want to be on the road?

“I never say it’s a relief to go on the road,” Pistons coach Michael Curry said. But Curry admits, “this group of guys have had tendencies to not play as well at home, for whatever reasons.” Via MLive

Rip is awe, like the rest of us.

“It’s crazy,” said Detroit’s Richard Hamilton. “If you look at our record, that’s kind of insane to me. “The season is far from over. We have a tough schedule coming. We have to take it one game at a time, and hopefully get a win.” Via MLive

Remember my whole blind date analogy? Well the way Detroit is playing of late a win on the road against the Cavaliers is like a guy waiting for his fix up and Giselle Bundchen walks in hopped up on roofies, picks up the tab and insists on taking you home with her. I know…I’m horrible.

The Good/Bad/and More

• No More ‘FRO, you will see a new look Ben Wallace tonight.
  • The Cavaliers, who own the NBA’s best home record at 24-1, have lost four of five to Detroit at Quicken Loans Arena.
  • Detroit hasn’t lost six straight since Feb. 3-17, 2004.
  • Delante West is back for The Cavs.
  • Detroit is one game over 500, a loss tonight gives them a 27-27 record while fighting for the 6th seed with with Sixers.
  • Michael Curry may decide to stick with his 7 man rotation since the starters got all that rest because of the TNT timeouts.

Tip off is at 8:00 PM and will be Nationally televised on ESPN and locally broadcast on FSN.  If you can’t catch the game on TV, or are gearing up for the Oscars, you can listen locally at WDFN 1130 AM or follow/listen to the game at NBA.com.

Leave them in the Comments.

85 Responses to "The Pistons vs. The Cavaliers"
  1. Grant the Aussie says:

Hahaha Natalie, that quote “Michael Curry may decide to stick with his 7 man rotation since the starters got all that rest because of the TNT timeouts.” made me laugh hard. And trust me, i needed a laugh today :)

2. Th3 Answ3r says:

Yeah lol. That made me laugh too :p.

But when I saw their was new news on the site, I thought Micheal Curry got fired. I got pretty excited too. I forgot their was a game today :P.

3. CHAD says:

I’m sorry.. did Curry just blame the losses on the players?

Speechless..

4. RP says:

Anyone want to take a guess at how bad the Pistons’ record will have to get for Joe D. to finally say, “Hmmm…this Curry experiment just doesn’t seem to be working.” Regardless of cost, I just don’t see how keeping Curry on board helps this team long term.

5. dunkonu says:

A win against Cleveland would be awesome. :) We really need a win no matter who we play, but it’s always more fun to beat the LeBrons. My only fear is that we left our motivation (no matter how little it was) at home…

6. Grant the Aussie says:

Its not going to help us at all. As much as i wanted to like Curry, hes killing us from the inside out.

7. Grant the Aussie says:

There is just not a whole lot of chemistry in this team right now. And i dont think thats 100% AI’s fault. Its the way Curry is playing the lineups. ARGH!

8. giselle bundchen says:

loll that giselle quote was jokessssssssssssssssss

9. Amer ican Prince says:

that 7 man rotation statement also tickled my gully

10. Amer ican Prince says:

Yo Ben seriously cut his hair. But it looks good. I thought he did like AI and cut it all the way down, but he has a very small fro still going, I like it.

11. CHAD says:

Maybe Curry will shake things up and run a 5 man rotation tonight.. like volleyball.

12. Amer ican Prince says:

Now they are showing features of the championship season, trying to compare this season to that one. Give me a break. Don’t cheapen that season by comparing it to this season.

CHAD maybe, Curry leaves me scratching my head all the time

13. omg says:

I DONT KNOW WHY BUT I SMELL A “DETROIT SUCKS” FROM THE CAVS FANS. I THINK THEYRE THE WORST IN THE LEAGUE FOR S*** LIKE THAT.

14. dunkonu says:

6 minutes in, 11 points down…awesome…

15. oig says:

this is gonna be ugly soso ugly its hard to watch!!
    BRUTAL

16. pistonsfan101 says:

15 points :)

OMG!

I think the reason why Stuckey is strugglig these days is because he is not looking for his shot anymore.. He is looking to pass the ball.. he should get more agressive.. drive more…

17. Nate says:

This game was over from the tip…I could see it in the pistons faces. No emotion, no energy. They knew they were not going to win tonight.

At least Lebron won’t be putting up any record highs on us tonight, he shouldn’t even have to play the second half. What a joke.

18. Th3 Answ3r says:

Yay! Were losing! Oh wait, that’s nothing new. =\

19. Nate says:

I had to laugh when they showed AI with the towel over his head on the bench…..You have to really wonder what he is thinking. All the pressure on him when he first came here to play like a piston, hard every night and play for the team, has to seem like nothing but b.s. to him now. Excluding Dyess and some of the younger guys, he’s the only one out there wanting to win. It doesn’t help either when Curry has no idea what the hell he’s doing out there.

20. Amber says:

I’m thinking it isn’t Giselle……

21. Th3 Answ3r says:

I have more fun playing playing NBA 09 The Inside, I actually win w/ the Pistons. And you know what the good thing about it is? They don’t show the coachs. I don’t have to see the excuse of a coach we have =D.

22. Th3 Answ3r says:

One more thing, did anybody notice when Curry was talking to the Pistons in the huddle? NONE of the players were paying attention…..

Walter Hermann!!

23. lol, i hope we dont make the playoffs this year, its just going to get me mad

24. Stoodo says:

I just turned on the game. If this doesn’t prove that Curry needs to go, I don’t know what does.

This is embarrassing.

Dumars, it is time to swallow your pride and get Laimbeer on the phone.

25. Kero says:

I hate this coach…..

26. Th3 Answ3r says:

Dubmars lost his pride when since got got Cawkurry.

27. RyanXP says:

the more embarrassments we have, the better the chance he gets fired. so i don’t even know how to feel about getting demolished tonight.

28. oig says:

i dont like Curry too though i wasnt against him from the start like some so called “fans” but its inexcusable how the players are giving up after the first 5-6 min u cant blame the coach for that!!!
    yeah he is makin mistakes and i hope we get a real coach soon but still our Team needs to fight no matter what and i dont see that!!!!!!!!

29. C-Quense says:

Wow very good Defense!
    But the offense is so much better this year, because we got the one player, who’s able to score at will?!
    So Defense is horrible and offense is ridiculous = Worst Trade in NBA history!!!

30. Kero says:

I am sorry to say this. Prince is in trouble. What is wrong with Prince? He has given up and when you are payed millions and are 0-82, you need to fight. No Excuses. Prince needs a talking to.

31. jaraad says:

YAAAYYY down by 33!!!! we’re amazing,
    DUMARS STOP TEXTING YER DAMN GRANDMA BOUT SWEET POTATO PIE, AND GET RID OF THE CURRY!!!!!!

32. Corey says:

This is humilating to watch. I’m so relieved that the Oscars are on, so I have an excuse not to watch the pistons.

=[

33. CincyBrown says:

“This is the end….the very end my friend.” If you haven’t already figured it out…..Deee-troit basketball, is down for the count. You had a good run!

34. FIRECURRY!! says:

FIRE CURRY’S ASS NOW!!!IM NOT EVEN FU***** KIDDING!!!
    HE IS DA WORST MOTHER FU**** COACH IN DA WORLD!!! AND JOE D HAS GOT TO REALIZE THAT FRIENDSHIP WILL NOT HELP YOU ALL THROUGHOUT LIFE!!! AND ALL U IVERSON HATERZ STOP HATIN ON MY MAN!! ITS NOT HIS FAULT NO1’S COOPERATING W/HIM! AND SHEED STOP TAKING 3’S AND ACTUALLY POT UP AND GET SOME REBOUNDS!!! AND MANY OF YOU KNOW BY NOW THAT STUCKEY CANT START!!AI AND RIP WORK SO GOOD!!!!

35. ilovechaunceybillups says:

R.I.P. Detroit Pistons.

36. CincyBrown says:

Wow, the Piston’s could lose by 40….fantastic.

37. uyen says:

This game is unbearable to watch. Michael Curry is so not a NBA coach. He looks completely lost out there.

38. steve says:

Yup RIP pistons. It will be years before they return to a contender. Fire Dumars.

39. Th3 Answ3r says:

Man I HATE the commentors! All they’re doing is talking about their precious Lebron. F’in annoying -.-

40. CincyBrown says:

I think Dumars and Curry make a great team….the team needs to get younger.

41. Th3 Answ3r says:

Haha xD. Amir owned that guy LOL!!

42. Th3 Answ3r says:

WTF!! That was a clean block Amir got! Omfg. I thought Varejoke was the biggest floppper o_O

43. teriqqqqqq says:

hermann needs a chancee
    hes got 13

44. Jason says:

Really?….Really?

Ugh…..

45. Grant the Aussie says:

embarrassing. plain and simple.

46. Amer ican Prince says:

teriqqqqqq haha yeah. Though he was 5-15 it was nice to see him in

47. Chris says:

they’ve expired.

48. Metah says:

We Suck.

But hey, I still watched the whole game (well not the last minutes) because i believe that these strugles will ONE DAY we will be on top again. it might happen next year, 2009, or next 14 years, but as long as its in my lifetime, im good.

its called KARMA

49. Slim Shady says:

jaraad that’s hilarious…. sweet potato pie… i’m not even gonna leave a long comment… we look like crap… can’t wait for AI to be on a good team again

50. ladyPiston says:

Let’s hope Joe D. is on his Blackberry looking for a new coach. There’s no reason to make the guys suffer like this.

The Good Sportsmanship Award goes to Mike Brown for stopping the last shot to keep the score under 100.

51. Metah says:

hey, at leas we now know who the real piston fans are

52. ben says:

natalie it be nice to get a pic of all the pistons ignoring cury in the huddle please do it

53. James says:

I’m glad I went out and got liquor for this one. I just had a feeling. This season and possibly era is over.

54. Th3 Answ3r says:

On one of the timeouts, AI was sitting by himself on the bench until Curry called him to the huddle…. :'(

55. TJ says:

Yep, we’re rebuilding. People need to severely lower their expectations. I mean, I’ll be jumping up and down for joy if we even make the playoffs.

But every team has to rebuild. We’ve been on top for so long, it’s time to move on to a new era.

And I’ll be along for the ride, no matter what. We could be 0-82 and I’ll still be chanting DEEEEEEEE-TROOOOOOOOIT BASKET-BAAAAAAAAAALL!

56. Stephen says:

Kero, Prince in trouble? You’re crazy! For the last five years plus Prince has had to guard the best players (234’s) in the NBA, without a decent back-up! In addition to not missing a game ever, take the following into consideration: Walter Hermann was resigned to be Prince’s primary backup. Hermann did a decent job last year when given a chance to play, as illustrated when he held Nowitzki in check. Hermann was resigne and believed in Curry’s so called “players will be held responsible for their playing time” philosophy. If Prince plays so badly, Curry should call for the sub. Now lets say Prince is tired, its understandable isnt it? Seven man rotation? Are you really blaming Prince? Curry my man is the reason for this downward spiral, along with the trade/dismantling of our great team that would be so much stronger with a Billups/Stuckey as a backup.

57. pistons 4 life says:

Memo to Michael Curry. Your players have completely given up on you. They know you suck and now they’re not even trying anymore. The ESPN crew had it right. The body language of this team is horrible. I’d look for them to lose most of the games on this road trip. The more games they lose the worse Curry looks, and hopefully he’ll be fired.

AI looked pissed sitting alone at the end of the bench. Not quite the cinderella story he thought it would be.

I hope all of you are done talking about how you can’t wait for the playoffs and that there’s still a chance that they’ll pull out of their slump. This team blows, that’s all there is to it. Hopefully next year will be better.

58. Craig says:

Think about the coaches out of work and then think about what we’re stuck with. I’d give my left arm to see Eddie Jordan comb the sidelines of the Pistons in 2009.

Michael Curry is a joke. This isn’t a team of youngsters where you can learn on the job. What am I saying? Even the Thunder canned a lame duck coach in Carlissimo.

Joe Dumars needs to do his job and take Curry out!!!

59. big B says:

HOW FUKKIN SAD N PATHETICCCC SERIOUSLY , CURRY URE THE DUMBEST SHINY BALDHEADED FUKK EVERRRR!!!! THATS IT SERIOUSLY , THEY WERE LAUGHING AT US AND I SWEAR 2 GOD I DIDNT EVEN WATCH THE 2ND N 3RD QUARTER , I SAID FUKK IT N THEN I CHANGED IT BACK ON THE 4TH N ITS THE SAME SO SERIOUSLY I GIVE UP NOW , GO LAKERS ,WEN THEY FIRE CURRY IM ROOTING BACK 4 THEM :'(!!!LAKERS ARE GREAT! AT LEAST THEYRE DOING SOMETHING IN THIER LIFE , LOOK AT US 27 -27 HOWWW FUKKIN SADDDDDD ,FIRE THE COACH AND I PROMISE THESE PISTONS GUYS WILL PLAY !!!! CURRY I HOPE 1 DAY ULL LOG INTO NEED4SHEED N REALIZE DAMN IM NOT WANTED , N JOE D FUKK THIS FRIENDSHIP ASSASINATE HIS ASS OUTA COACHING!!!!!! ***A*S*A*P****

60. Richie says:

Big B, that’s the most band wagon thing you could possibly say.

I was never a fan of making a trade all summer long and was libid about this Chauncey trade from the start. However, I expected to get a consistant performance out of Stuckey. I know he’s young and that everyone has a bad game here and there, but in the last couple weeks he’s disapeared. We sacrificed out leader, glue and captain so that he would move into the starting line up. Rip sacricied his starting position so that A.I.’s ego could be pampered. Both sacrifices have backfired.
    On the bright side, we might end up with a tone of cap space and a lottery pick if they keep it up! Yaaaay, 2010!

61. NickDyess says:

The only positive i can muster from this game is this… Tickets to a Cavs vs. Pistons 100 Dollars, LeBron James Throwback Jersey… 75 dollars, Nachos and Drinks at the game 8 dollars……. The look on Cavs fans face when LeBron leaves Cleveland for New York….. priceless.

Hey all you pistons fans… Keep your head up, this is just one season. We will be back and rebuilt by 2009…. Dont give up on this season either. There is wayy to much talent for us to be playing like this. GO PISTONS!! Oh and BTW! McDyess is the only one playing with heart… THATS MY BOY! :)Start Rip now, the whole Bench expirement isnt working. Send stuckey back to the bench… Get his confidence up by playing against second tier guys! AI can run point, him and rip work well together i think! Just keep cheering for our guys, come on… Lets not be BANDWAGON fans… im tired of the crying. Anyway, hope we make the playoffs :)

62. Grant the Aussie says:

Yes we lost, but at the end of the day think about this…

We have had such an awesome run the past 6 years and finally we are having our bad season. Some teams would kill for the success we’ve had recently so we should be greatfull of that and let our boys play. They will fight through it.

63. DUSTIN says:

The pistons are 2-8 in their last 10 games and are currently the 7 spot in the East. They possibly could be out of the playoff picture by the end of this road trip…Really? ..Memo to players…Please don’t start pointing fingers in the locker room guys. It’s been a group effort. (Dice has been great)

64. Tim McMillan says:

I am done with the Pistons this year unless they start a young squad. We should bench these geezers and see the young bucks exert some energy. Note to Joe- these old guys have already retired.

One more thing – what is wrong with Michael Curry? Like Barkley says on TNT – he must have some pictures of somebody doing something really wrong. That guy can not coach. We should have kept Carlisle – that is 20/20 hindsight.

65. Franz says:

It’s so simple:

If Rodney Stuckey doesn’t play well, the squad doesn’t play well.
    Stuckey and Iverson don’t work together.

Iverson needs the ball in his hands, but Stuckey also needs the ball in his hands so they can be effectiv.
    That’s a dilemma.

66. Keith says:

Nat, I need to have Joe D’s email ad. He is starting to lose us out here. We deserve more than this. Isnt this enough? We have lost 15 out of 20 games, WE WANT CURRY OUT. I hope we wont be fighting for the 8th seed, cause currently, we are 7th.

67. Robin says:

Run Curry Run !

68. Walter5 says:

nice comment NickDyess, this is just one season.. We should just cheer up win or lose.
    I’ll just “Wake Myself Up Til September Ends” just like the Greenday single. Looking forward for next season..

69. Lori says:

I just read the funniest post which said that MC’s head looked like a milk dud! Maybe that’s what it really is.
    Seriously, though, this game should get him fired. The Pistons are unrecognizable they’re so pathetic. No wonder AI is sitting by himself on the bench. I would be too!

70. augustslady says:

Don’t understand what the H joe is thinking…
    It’s obvious this coach has lost the players!
    Mybe he wants a lottery pick I don’t know.
    But I’m very disappointed in our vets except for Antonio!
    A.I. I feel for; it’s not his fault.
    If curry stays I fully expect more of the same…
    Hold on Pistons Fans this could be a bumpy ride!
    Central celler here we come!

71. Franz says:

Maybe it’s just on my screen, but on the left column, where all the smileys from the players are, the only smiley that’s kind of moved and where we can only see 2/3 of his face is Curry’s.

Now Natalie, did you do that on purpose? Bad Girl.

72. elainfan says:

I couldnt even watch. I knew we would get blown out. I just checked the score at the end of the game to confirm what I already knew, our team is now in the same boat as the clippers. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!

73. Cone(#1 MEXICAN PISTONS FAN) says:

WE NEED TO FIRE CURRY NOW!!! THE PLAYERS DON’T WANT HIM THERE ANYMORE, JUST LOOK AT THEIR FACES…NO EXPRESION AT ALL, NO MORE “EYE OF THE TIGER” WE ARE SO LOST. FIRE HIM NOW!!!! PLEASE JOE D MAKE MY DAY.

74. pistons 4 life says:

I’ll preface this by saying the Pistons are my favorite team, but dang, does Cleveland look good or what? They wanted to come out and make a statement that they’re not a Pistons doormat anymore and they sure did it. Wouldn’t at all be surprised to see them in the finals this year.

But about the Pistons. Tim Legler, even though I don’t like him, said it right at halftime. He said “I don’t even recognize this Pistons team anymore”, and “They just didn’t feel like playing any defense”. Those are two very accurate statements. I don’t recognize this team anymore either.

About Rodney, this is what I was afraid of with him “taking the reigns” too early. I don’t know that he was fully ready to run a team for a whole season. But oh well, this is what we’re stuck with now so lets just hope that he develops as a decent PG.

Overall, it’s been very disappointing as a Pistons fan, but I’ll take one, or even two, bad years to be good again. It’s a lot better than waiting 10 to 15.

75. pistons 4 life says:

Quote from Michael Curry in the Free Press.

Curry said there isn’t time for the Pistons to feel sorry for themselves. He talked about his own playing career in which he was a journeyman known for his toughness.

“I’ve been through harder things,” Curry said. “If you look at me at how I was as a player (which was not that good) and how I got to this point … fighting, that’s the easiest part for me.”

“Things have never come easy for me so this is easy for me. But trying to relay that to the guys, that’s the tougher part. When you get in situations like this, all you do is fight.”

Once again, all the blame going on the players and how they’re not fighting for anything. Maybe that’s because they can’t figure out what the F you’re trying to do with their team you jackass. Journey man my ass. This guy is just about as arrogant as Dumars is sometimes. Oh yeah, that’s because they see everything “The same way” according to Joe.

THIS GUY IS A JOKE. FIRE HIM PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

76. john says:

iverson
    rip
    prince
    mcdyess
    wallace

looks like a prized lineup to me
    stuckey is not being productive and looks frustrated and the frustration is blinding him. he still does not fully understand the responsibility he has to take this team to another chmpionship. he needs to wake up or get benched ai is playin with heart and so is mcdyess and rip. prince is suffering a bit and his frustration is hurting him. sheed is being sheed not producting well but we need him neway and the bigs on the bench need to be more consistent. the backup gaurds are playin fine for the minute they play each game. other than that this team is great. oh and curry coaches as well as he played.

77. maggotronix says:

That was indeed a brutal loss. With the lack of energy, it would be nice to see Maxiell and Amir get some minutes to see what they can do. At this point, the season should be used for figuring out exactly what they have to work with going into next season. I finished up part two of my piston memories.

78. Pistons30Fan says:

The good thing about that game as a pistons fan was seeing Amir and the rest of the bench play alot.

Hermann was quite a sight!

79. watching says:

Nat, amazing analogy… I am… speechless

80. Nate says:

It don’t matter what the lineup is, this team is not going to win….no energy or enthusiasm to win, a clueless coach who has lost his players to frustration and too many under achievers. They have no idea what they’re doing on the floor or who should even be handling the ball….Curry is to busy thinking about what he’ll say after the loss to even care.

81. QG313 says:

PISTONS ARE NOT THE BAD BOYS ANYMORE…WHAT HAPPEN 2 TEAMWORK

82. Alwayzreal says:

Hey Natalie you sould change your site name to need4awin until we get a win or need2firecurry…….I’m soooo looking forward to March madness,can’t watch another pistons game……

Wed Oct 29       79-89