I will start this post with my apologies for the hiccups on the site the past two days. It seems as though the server had issues, but I think I’m back up and running at about 80% right now. Now on with my analogy.
I came to the conclusion last night that the Pistons are like a blind date. Just bear with me here.
As Pistons fans (some say) we are spoiled. Our team has enjoyed great success over the past few years and quite frankly we aren’t used to dealing with them struggling (other than in the playoffs).
- Blame it on Dumars.
- Blame it on Curry.
- Blame it on a new DAILY lineup change.
- Blame it on Allen Iverson for stealing our floor general and captain.
- Blame it Rasheed for his technicals and three point affinity.
- Blame it on the rotation or lack thereof.
- Blame it on Rodney Stuckey for being put in a position to run the team when he’s just learning how to be a point guard in the NBA.
- Blame it on chemistry.
- Blame it on Kwame Brown, who hasn’t seen enough time to make it count or not count.
- Blame it on turnovers.
- Blame it on David Stern.
- Blame it on the Officials.
- Blame it on Amir Johnson, who hasn’t had the chance to develop in the helter-skelter thing we would call “a system.”
- Blame it on the lack of play of Jason Maxiell.
- Blame it on Walter Herrmann’s hair.
- Blame it on Flip Saunders (who right now is probably enjoying all of this).
- Hell blame it on Darko…..
Lay the blame wherever you want, but it will do you no good. It’s a free fall that none of us were prepared for when this season started.
As Pistons fans, do yourself a favor. Go into each game like you would if you were going on a Blind Date. Expect the worst and if your date ends up with teeth, no unpleasant, unidentifiable odor, no visible open sores and the ability to speak the same language that you do it’s a plus. And if they actually turn out to be nice, normal and not a stalker….it’s like putting a W in the win column.
Expect nothing and when you find your Prince Charming/Cinderella it makes the win that much better.
This lesson brought to you by Need4Sheed.com. You can thank me later.