The Michael Curry Edition:
All is a buzz (not like it hasn’t been here for quite some time) about Michael Curry.
- Chris McCosky thinks Curry is over coaching and it’s hard to disagree with him.
- DBB’s and some of his readers make a point that MC was put in a really tough spot, but doesn’t think he deserves a free pass.
- I essentially said the same thing the other day when Jim Kushlan invited me to talk Pistons for his show The Benchwarmers. They asked me to grad MC’s job as a coach….I gave him a D and I thought that was being nice. I did also state all the reasons why he was pretty much set up for failure with everything that has happened this season. Doesn’t mean Larry Brown isn’t looking that bad either right now though.
- Like it or not, the Pistons really are running out of time to salvage this mess.
- John Hollinger of ESPN may have the answer: “If there’s good news for the Pistons, it’s that some of the answers appear to be available in-house. By benching Kwame, promoting Maxiell and reducing Johnson’s role, the Pistons could start a very effective Wallace-Maxiell combo, bring McDyess in off the pine and then use Johnson in a bench energizer role where his high-wire act can thrive and the fouls aren’t as big a problem.”
- Midseason grades don’t look that good, nor should they.
- The not so reliable Trade Rumor.
- 18 in the Power rankings. The cruel reality….The Bobcats are a spot above us.
- Should Joe Dumars take ALL the blame?
- I mentioned the other day that I was the guest of Matt Watson and his readers for DBB’s Suite Night. What I didn’t tell you is that one of the winners, Garrett Elliot is top notch Wedding Photographer so the pictures he took were fantastic. He even got a couple of me trying to look important and doing my best Joe Dumars impression. But what’s even better….was his T-Shirt. I don’t think I need to explain what it means either. If that doesn’t make you smile on a day you found out the Bobcats are better than the Pistons…..I don’t know what will.
- And then there is this…(Thanks to TJ for making sure I didn’t miss this) I saw it at the Palace and was waiting for it to appear. It’s also over at Detroit flavored TWOI.