Pistons vs Trail Blazers

The Pistons host the 11-6 Portland Trail Blazers, who are on a three game winning streak, this afternoon at The Palace. This is not the Blazers of old; this young team has tons of promise and talent. This will be Detroit’s first look at Greg Oden, who hasn’t quite put up superstar numbers yet this season. Oden is averaging 7 points and 7 rebounds per game this season. We are all waiting for him to light up the basketball court like he does the TV screen.

Sheed may be looking in the mirror today.

“Curry speaks glowingly of Blazers power forward LaMarcus Aldridge, a third-year pro averaging 15.2 points and 6.9 rebounds per game.

And Rasheed Wallace is a fan as well, because Aldridge reminds the Pistons of, well, a young Rasheed.

“I told Rasheed today, ‘We got the young ‘Sheed vs. the old ‘Sheed,’ ” Curry said. “Rasheed really likes that kid. He thinks he has great footwork and plays both ends of the court.

“When young guys have the total package, you just can tell.”” Via The Detroit Free Press

I’m looking forward to seeing how Detroit does against Portland. I really like this team, and especially like watching Brandon Roy. I even like their team website. Keep your eyes out for Rudy Fernandez, the NBA rookie who had been playing in Spain. He’s been lighting it up since he got to Portland.

Tip is at 3:00 PM on FSN with the pre-game festivities starting at 2. If you can’t watch the television broadcast, tune into 1130 AM The Fan where you can catch our friend Matt Dery with the pre-game at 2:00. Can’t do either, follow the game on NBA.com.

Enjoy, you know what to do.

18 Responses to "Pistons vs Trail Blazers"
  1. pistons 4 life says:

I’m excited for this game. It will be a good test against another good team to kind of gauge where the Pistons stack up. Plus I just like the Blazers. Besides the Pistons they’re one of my favorite teams to watch. And I agree with Curry. I’ve known that Lamarcus Aldridge was going to be a good player ever since seeing him as a rookie. You can just tell by watching him. I’ve always thought that his game was a lot like Sheed’s. Well, maybe more like a younger Sheed that I wish we still had.

Hopefully the Pistons can put them in their place, but I don’t think this game will be easy.

2. Mike says:

With Dyess’ return imminent and Brown now entrenched in the starting lineup Amir’s rotation minutes are coming close to an end.

I have no doubt that Dyess and Maxiell will be the first two bigs off of the bench and Herrmann looks like he is set for more minutes.

AI loves Herrmann. Like he said. “I have found someone I can pass to”.

So it looks like garbage time and a lot of DNP’s coming up for Amir unless one of the Pistons bigs gets injured.

Time to trade Amir and send him to a team that will play him.

3. Kris says:

good test for our D tonight

4. VJ says:

I hate to think that Mike is right, and its unfortunate cause Amir has really been playing his ass off lately

5. blazer56 says:

no chat???

6. TDP says:

POOR COACHING lost this one. Curry sits Rip, Tay and Sheed? No adjustments when the Blazers score something like 11 straight? Flip wasn’t that stupid.

7. a dissapointed fan says:

Way to switch the lineups right as we were playing well, Curry.

8. C-Quense says:

Free Detroit from Iverson, before its too late!!!

9. Amer ican Prince says:

I like this team too Nat, and I’m a big fan of Lamarcus Aldridge. Did you guys see the ball movement from Portland, that is how I wish the Pistons would pass the ball, too much dribbling and one and done pasiing.

Overall you can’t say a lot about the Pistons not giving effort, because the effort was there. And that was the loudest I’ve heard the crowd in awhile which was really nice.

I think our bench is better than our starters (at least they were this game.) I think we would have lost worse if the starters were in at the end.

But this isn’t a game I was frustrated with or anything, there were a lot of things the Pistons can build on from this game, if they take the time to really look at it.

Also is anyone else sick of the extra commercial break before the game, it’s so annoying.

10. Sheed's Balls Don't Lie says:

The Pistons did lose about the same number of games this November that they have in the past two years; that doesn’t make it feel better, but it is true. I looked it up just because the way they are playing feels so lazy and Chauncey’s numbers are better than Iverson’s now, but when I looked it up, it isn’t that different than in the past. Hopefully, they’ll have a strong showing in San Antonio.
    I like the way Portland plays!

11. mobius909 says:

why do we get beat by 11 when we’re tied with 5 minutes to go in the game. wtf is that all about.

i don’t know about you guys and girls, but i’m sick of watching the boys in blue lose by double digits, night in and night out.

we have no fire.

12. TDP says:

Interesting explanation of the 4th-quarter lineup:

13. pistons 4 life says:

Let me start off by saying I hate the media. What a bunch of freakin chumps. I like George and Greg but the rest of these guys are idiots. They talk about the same old crap every game. Enough with the Sunday game crap, and can someone please explain to me why the media is asking AI after every game what they could do differently and how they need to improve. Anyone else on this team could answer that question better than he could because they’ve been here longer.

Curry seemed pretty pissed after the game in his presser but some of this should go on him anyway. I don’t understand why you go away from a lineup that got you back in the game. Give the guy’s a couple minutes rest and go right back at it.

Is it just me or are the Pistons a better team when AI is not playing. I think serious consideration should be taken on moving him to the bench. It won’t happen because of who he is but one thing he’s not is a point guard. He’s not being allowed to do what he does because he can’t come off the ball. I say move him or Rip onto the bench and let Stuckey start.

In the end the outcome didn’t surprise me at all. I knew Portland was a good team coming in. Nobody talks about them, but I think they’re right up there in the West. They just play the kind of basketball that wins games. And the funny thing is that I feel like the Pistons are moving further and further away from playing the way they should. If we continue on this course we’re going no where this year.

The more games I watch the more I’m convinced that the AI experiment is not going to work.

14. pistons 4 life says:

One more thought, How good is Larmarcus Aldridge? He was the best player in the whole game. Like I said before he’s going to be an All Star eventually. We could really use somebody who plays like he does.

15. The Fluidics says:

good team, bad coach.

Vote Tay for the All Star team.

16. elainefan says:

So…. the Pistons lose every Sunday. The Lions lose every Sunday. Hmmmmm, could it be that the Pistons are suffering under the curse of the Lions? (Just Kidding)I miss Chauncey!!! And by the way, his team ( the Nuggets) won their game. Looks like the Nuggets are the winners in this deal.

17. Mustafa says:

Did u guys really think that the A.I trade was going to help the Pistons?

He does not fit in our syste, in no way, shape or form. This trade was made for the future, for 2010.

But am not giving up though! If we keep learning from our mistakes, and keep on practicing we will do something BIG this year. Something bigger than the ECF!

Oct-30       102-113