After the shocking blockbuster went down this morning The Pistons will look very different when they take the floor against the Bobcats and former head coach Larry Brown tonight.

I’m leaving you little to talk about other than the reality of what just went down. The trade works and doesn’t on so many levels as many of you have already mentioned in the comments. Sure, some of our hearts may not be in it, but wishing Chauncey all the best as he goes back and plays for his home town team and a thank you for what he has done is all we can do as fans.

Is Iverson truly The Answer? We will get that question answered come June. Just think, the future is so bright we have to wear shades.

I’m sure you have been checking out Pistons.com all day long but just in case you missed it, check out the HUGE welcome AI is getting.

Tonight’s tip is at 7 PM and will be locally broadcast on FSN Detroit an NBATV. If you can’t catch it on TV you can always tune in to 1130 AM WDFN The Fan or stream it live through your computer at NBA.com.

10 Responses to Pistons vs. Bobcats takes a backseat to Billups and Iverson

1. Steve says:

There’s a game tonight? lol

I love this trade personally, as I talked about it in my blog (http://stevekays.blogspot.com), but it’s fortunate that the Pistons only play the Bobcats tonight.

2. Steve says:

During the past two seasons, Billups has logged a player efficiency rating of 21.38 and 23.48, compared with 19.61 and 21.06 for Iverson. Throw in that Billups is a much better defensive player, has a superior durability track record and is a year younger, and there’s no doubt which player you’d rather have going forward — especially because Billups’ savvy floor game and long-range shooting are likely to age much better than Iverson’s speed-based approach.

Nuff Said

3. Sam says:

Geez, Pistons going to be a whole new team, so who’s the point guard tonight?? Iverson and Sheed will come off the payroll next year, so what does Dumars have in mind??? But this stinks up th chemistry, and Billups is still better than Iverson…..

Dyess, please come back, you are such a gentleman!
    I’m going to cry!

Don’t forget to vote tomorrow!

4. The Fluidics says:

Stuckey should be your starting PG tonight, with Bynum his backup. I can say one thing, it’ll be interesting.

5. ryan says:

when will iversons first game with the team be?
    i saw the “welcome iverson vs. the celtics” because that is are next home game… but he should be able to play before that, right?

6. Steve says:

Iverson’s first game is supposed to be Wednesday at Toronto.

Billups might be better, but this trade is about the future. Joe Dumars is rebuilding before he has to. If Iverson is productive it’s just icing on the cake.

7. The Fluidics says:

If you are worried about losing Chauncey, remember the Orlando series last year, where the Pistons won with Stuckey on point and Chauncey in a suit. In the secound round of the playoffs.

8. The Answer says:

im jumping on the iverson bandwagon!! who wants to join :D?

9. Richie says:

We won two games without Chauncey in that Orlando Series, Fludics. That’s not enough to convince me that Stuckey will easily replace Iverson. I’m thinking that Curry will keep us on track by using his entire team, like he has 3/3 games this season, even after A.I. gets here. I do believe Chauncey is the more valuable player, but it doesn’t seem we have much of a choice in the matter.
    I sure hope McDyess comes back…

10. Tom says:

Im wondering if anyone knows where i can watch a stream of the pistons nuggets game on 3/3. id like to see chauncey’s return home, but am currently living out west. thanks