No, it’s not a nightmare Pistons fans. The Pistons actually got a smack down from the Minnesota Timberwolves at home. It wasn’t just another loss, this one was even harder to watch than the beating they took in Boston. How does this Detroit team lose at home by 26 against a team that was 2-9 and had not won a game on the road yet this season?
- Sure they traded baskets to start the game, but you could tell from the tip that Detroit wasn’t into the game.
- Can’t score 80 points and win, especially when you’re not doing your job on the other end of the floor.
- Detroit shot just 37% from the floor and let the Timberwolves shoot 53% on the night.
- The Wolves led by as much as 28. OUCH!
- Tayshaun Prince was the only Pistons starter in double figures. And the rest had miserable shooting nights.
- Rasheed 3-for-10, Iverson 3-for-11, and Rip Hamilton 2-for-11. Add a 0-for-5 Rodney Stuckey and that spells disaster.
- High point was Tayshaun Prince who, as bad as it was, kept Detroit in the game. Tay led the Pistons with 20 on 8-for-13 shooting with 4 boards, 2 assists, a block and 2 steals.
- You could see the frustration mounting with a Sheed Tech in the third quarter.
- Detroit’s bench did nothing in the second quarter except let the Timberwolves’ lead grow. Afflalo , Maxiell and Amir Johnson missed 7 of 8 to start the second quarter leading to a Timberwolves 11-2 run and a 12-point lead.
- Board war lost 45-36.
- Maybe if we close our eyes long enough we can pretend that the whole game was like this.
Video Courtesy of The NBA, The Detroit Pistons and FSN
- Maxiell did do his best to make this miserable game more watchable. In fact I had to make a Maxiell HL reel to make us all feel better. Jason finished with 12 points and 8 boards.
- No ball movement for Detroit who look almost miserable on court. A little cohesiveness would be nice, but right now they don’t have much of anything going for them.
- How does this happen after the showing they had out West?
- It hurts, but they should get things going. Right?
- Exposed again? Randy Foye had a huge night with 23 points and 14 assists against AI.
- “I stunk up the gym tonight,” Iverson said. “I couldn’t do anything right.” Via The Detroit News
- Rip can’t create his own shot and he doesn’t have Chauncey to feed him the ball in his spot. He may be better suited to be out there with Stuckey for a while until he gets things going. Just a thought.
- I miss the D.
- Coach Curry believes Detroit just wasn’t up for the game, in fact he’s changing things around when it comes to game day shootarounds. Listen to what he had to say in his post game presser. Audio courtesy of FSN
- Could it really be a Sunday issue? I know coach Curry takes the blame but the players need to show up.
- So if you can’t knock down a jumper, get in the paint for easy buckets. That issue has got to be addressed.
- Wasn’t easy for me to watch this one considering I knew the outcome before I turned on the DVR.
- If you dare, NBA.com Highlights.
- We hope this as bad as it gets.
- Remember Dyess is coming back!
- Let’s hear it in the comments…..I know you need to get it out.