The Bulls handed the Pistons their first loss of the season while getting their first win. The game came down to the wire with the final score of 97-93. Rasheed led the Pistons with 36 points, but his last two shots in the closing seconds of the game just wouldn’t drop. “This was a hard one to lose,” Wallace said. “The shots I got down the stretch couldn’t have felt better. You’re just going to have some of those in and outs like that on a night.”
- Sheed’s 36 points is a career high with The Pistons.
- The Pistons played from behind for the first three quarters until they finally made it close in the fourth.
- Chauncey had 14 points on 5-for-12 shooting with 3 turnovers. Where is Mr. Big Shot? Because he hasn’t show is face yet this season.
- Much is going to be said about Rip intentional trip of Tyrus Thomas after he blocked Hamilton’s shot. I am sure it was done in frustration, but it’s just not cool. Thankfully he wasn’t hurt on the play. Immediately following the incident you could hear the crowd chant “Detroit Sucks”.
- I don’t know if it’s his injury or not, but that other Wallace is a shell of his former self.
- Heavy minutes for the starters again. Rasheed actually played 42 minutes.
- “Regardless 0f my game, it ended in an L,”‘ Wallace said. “I’m old school so it didn’t matter what I did, the team lost the game.”
- Ra was solid, determined and playing some of the best basketball we have seen from him in a while. Sheed owned the paint and even threw down some nasty dunks.
- I would have been nice to see a little more of Jason Maxiell especially in the first half when the Pistons needed a spark. Did anyone catch the NASTY double block he had on TT? He played just 11 minutes but unfortunately turned the ball over 3 times.
- Rip had 18 points on 6-for-17 shooting and dished out 6 assists.
- Where is Amir?
- The Bulls has 28 assists to the Pistons 17.
- Lost the rebounding war 36-47.
- Sheed was campaigning for more minutes for Ben Wallace who had 24 and sat the entire fourth quarter. “They ain’t got no bigs,” Wallace said. “Not taking nothing away from the guys they have, but Joe, he don’t know their offensive or defensive schemes yet, Tyrus, to me, he’s really a three playing a four. (Ben Wallace), he’s good, but they don’t give him no burn. To me, that’s their loss.”
- Still don’t like Nocioni and Hinrich still looks like Alfred E.
- The Bulls had a balanced attack, 5 players in double figures.
- Tayshaun’s numbers have disappeared since Rips return. In his 36 minutes on the floor he shot the ball just 3 times for 5 points.
- Let’s give some credit to Rasheed who kept his cool all game. Played in the paint like we love him to do and carried the team on his back. Did I mention the man hasn’t had a tech this season yet. I was a little worried when he got angry with himself and pulled his headband down on his neck. Headband issues for Sheed sometimes result in a tech.
- Ben Wallace says playing his former team, the Pistons, is old news. “It’s been just another game for a long time. All the hoopla is dead now,” Via SI
- I am still on the Flip Murray bandwagon and I’m riding it until I fall off. In just 10 minutes on the floor he was 2-for-2 for 5 points, a steal and I cant leave out the 3 turnovers either. At least he didn’t get punched in the unmentionables by Hinrich this time.
- Too many turnovers for The Pistons (17). Eight of them off the bench.
- NBA.com highlights.
- Scott Skiles is afraid of Sheed. “Scary is a good word to describe him,” Chicago coach Scott Skiles said. “He’s one of those guys who has an unblockable shot. You can’t get to it. I don’t care who you are, you just can’t get to it. You can just challenge it. And if it’s going in, it’s going in.” Personally I am afraid of Skiles, dude has got temper issues. Especially with his own team.
- Lets hope the Pistons can take care of business tonight against the unbeaten Clippers at the Palace to erase this one. If Sheed playes like he did last night we will be just fine.
- UPDATE: Love this comment by Sean of Team Need4Sheed and I have to agree with it. Noah actually is starting to get to me like the Mop Top Flopper who can’t seem to get paid.
“Does anyone else find Joakim Noah to be completely annoying? I understand he in an energy player coming off the bench but this guy is just downright gut wrenching to watch. He’s like the kid no one ever wanted to play with in elementary school because he was right in your face waving his arms everywhere. And on top of all this just another reason to despise Noah.