With the Pistons win last night in New York they are now one win, or a Chicago loss away from clinching the top seed in the Eastern Conference. The Pistons, led by Chauncey Billups, didn’t have an easy task in the win. New York challenged Detroit, but the Pistons were just to much as they pulled away late in the fourth quarter.
- The Pistons looked like they were in control but 8-for-24 shooting in the 3rd quarter didn’t help.
- This one was scrappy.
- The Knicks led by 10 late in the 3rd quarter but Mr. Big shot slashed the lead in half with a clutch three and then a 2 at the buzzer.
- Plenty of technical fouls tonight. C-Webb, D-Davis and 2 for Steve Francis.
- Nate Robinson was huge for the Knicks with 24 but he looks so small when he’s guarding Chauncey.
- Sheed was back in the starting lineup.
- Chauncey led the team with 22 points and 6 assists, he once again showed why the call him Mr.Big Shot.
- Sheed got so high on his put back slam late in the fourth that he showed everyone how high he jumped. It was Sheedtastic!
- Eddy Curry is huge. Has he always been that way?
- The Pistons close this one out the way they used to.
- Six straight 50 win season. That’s huge!
- Tayshaun had some huge Dunks.
- McDyess added a couple himself.
- The Pistons did a great job on Curry.
- Detroit took good care of the basketball, just 8 turnovers.
- Flip Murry has been having a trouble scoring, it’s probably because of his diminished minutes.
- The starter got some rest tonight.
- Delfino had a HUGE dunk! He took it right to Curry and Frye and pretty much posterized them.
- The Pistons D was a huge factor in the win.
- I couldn’t remember the last three that Rip has hit until the one late in the fourth.
- “We’re very good at last couple minutes of the game,” Hamilton said. “We’re always confident. We like our chances last 3-4 minutes of the game. We just don’t want to be in those situations all the time. We want to try to get to a bigger lead, and once we have a lead, keep it.”
- McDyess put up a double-double again, 11 points and 13 boards.
- The bench got off their feet quite a few time when the Pistons made outstanding plays.
- Rip scored 19, with 6 boards and a blocked shot.
Need4Sheed reader and life long Pistons Ruben Trammell, from Bed Stuy, Brooklyn, NY was at the game and had a few things of interest to tell us.
- All the of starting 5, led by Sheed, walked over and made sure to give Isiah Thomas a pound and a hug. That’s respect. I don’t like the Knicks, never will, but that’s Isiah Thomas and Mark Aguirre coaching my hometown team, so I gotta root for them to do well.
- Plenty of Pistons fans in the house.
- Sheed must be the big brother to everyone in the League. I’ve now seen him live twice and during pre-game, warm-ups, dead balls, at the scorer’s tables, time outs, and after the half, all he does is talk to, but more like PLAY with the other teams players. At the Nets game it was Vince (UNC), Uncle Cliffy, Kidd, Josh Boone, Marcus Williams, Wright and Moore. Tonight it was Francis, Curry, Cato, James, Lee, Nate Robinson, Isiah, Spike Lee, and Patrick Ewing. You miss most of this on TV, all players got love for Sheed.
Another longtime Pistons fan and Need4Sheed reader Vin Richitelli from Connecticut was at The Garden and showed some Pistons pride in the Big Apple. Vin was also responsible for the picture of the scoreboard at the top of the post. Thanks Vin!