For the 7th straight time this season the Pistons have beaten the number eight seeded Magic. The final score was 93-77.Now the Magic are in a deep deep hole down 3-0 in this first round series. Like the two games before this was a well balanced attack by the Pistons with all five starters in double figures. This time the Pistons never let them back into the game, they got themselves a good lead and managed to hang onto it until the clock hit triple zero’s.
- Chauncey lead us from the beginning, he finished with 21 points 6 rebounds and 3 assists and went 2-3 from behind the arc.
- Dwight got a couple monster dunks, other then that he was silent with 11 points but 12 rebounds.
- There were 5 tech’s thrown out tonight, 4 going on guys in the Piston blue.
- The Pistons went 8-13 from 3-point territory.
- On the other hand the Magic hit only three 3-pointers, while only taking 8 of them.
- McDyess had a monster block on Carlos Arroyo late in the game.
- From the end of the 3rd and beginning of the 4th we hit 5 straight 3′s, three coming from Tayshaun who had 23 points, and Rasheed had two.
- McDyess may not be hitting all of his shots, but he’s still doing everything else collecting 11 rebounds 2 assists and 2 blocked shots.
- Grant Hill was just off tonight going 2-12 with only 8 points.
- Jameer Nelson was the Magic’s high scorer with 27 points going 10-19 from the field and the Magic’s only three 3-pointers.
- The Pistons out-rebounded the Magic by 8, 47-39.
- Every time the ball left Chauncey’s had i thought it was going in.
- That’s all for tonight, tune in Saturday at 3:00 to see if the Pistons can complete this sweep, I’ll have my broom at my side waiting.