The Pistons put a 110 – 88 shellacking on the Orlando Magic Wednesday night at the Palace. Former Pistons Grant Hill, Carlos Arroyo and Darko Milicic didn’t have much to celebrate in their return to Detroit. Darko was greeted by boos in first trip back to the Motor City and a chant of “Darko”, by screaming fans started like clockwork every time he went to the line.
- Chris Webber was poked in the eye by Dwight Howard early in the first quarter and it looked like he wasn’t going to return. Instead he came back and dominated the 3rd quarter looking like the Webber of old.
- Rasheed and Rip each got a tech within seconds of each other. Rasheed is now at 15.
- Nice Alley oop from Webber to Sheed.
- Tayshaun also went down hard in the first quarter and it looked pretty bad, but it turned out fine.
- Chris Webber loves to shoot off the glass.
- The Pistons payed great defense.
- Lindsey Hunter was knocking down shots left and right. 13 points 4-for-6 shooting in 19 minutes.
- The first half took forever…
- Dyess got a Tech too.
- Webber had some impressive points in the paint. He finished with 18 points on 8-10 shooting a blocked shot, 3 assists and 3 rebounds in 22 minutes.
- I can’t me more serious when I say that McDyess has been the definition of Solid lately.
- Rip and Webber led the team with 18 each.
- Webber looks like he’s been on this team for years.
- J.J. Reddick got mocked quite a few times.
- Arroyo and Darko would have loved to put on a show here, they are both pretty bitter about their stays in Detroit.
- Dwight Howard is Awesome, he led all scorers with 26.
- Tayshaun was 3-for-7 for 8 points with 4 assists in 30 minutes.
- Jason Maxiell got 11 minutes and scored 6 points and grabbed 6 boards.
- Rip had six assists and was all over the floor as usual.
- The whistles were horrible, the Pistons and the Magic went to the line a combined 72 times.
- Sheed was in foul trouble early and Davis replaced him nicely. He scored 4 points 3 blocks shots and 4 boards in a total of 11 minutes.
- For all those who wanted Grant Hill back instead of Chris Webber what do you have to say now?
- This one was a little hard to watch unless you like watching free throws.
- The offense was in tune the whole game.
- Lindsey Hunter went on a 7-0 run against the Magic himself that put so much distance between the teams it led to the blowout.
- The Pistons meet the Magic in Orlando tomorrow.
- Dancing fool.
Video courtesy of myTV 2o Detroit