Different Story, Same Ending: Pistons 94 Magic 89

The Pistons had a tougher time with the Magic Friday night in Orlando. The game stayed close throughout, with the lead changing 10 times and was tied 7. The Pistons finally put it into gear late in the fourth and put the game out of reach for an Orlando team that looked much better than they did Wednesday night in Detroit.

Key Points:

• Rip Hamilton was the Player of the game with 22 points, 4 assists, 6 rebounds and 2 steals.
  • Webber’s passes continue to amaze.
  • Tayshaun took 9 shots and made three for 9 points.
  • Orlando outscored Detroit 44-22 in the paint and out shot the Pistons 47 % to the Pistons 39 %.
  • Sheed had a double-double 14 points and 10 rebounds.
  • Chauncey Billups put up 28 points and was Money on the line in he closing minutes.
  • Sheed continues to take his defense seriously.
  • Delfino had 7 rebounds and 3 steals in just 15 minutes.
  • Dale Davis impresses in short minutes, this guy is a monster when he needs to be.
  • Chauncey had some impressive glass shots.
  • The Pistons know how to win.
  • Rip and Chauncey combined for 50 points.
  • Hamilton scored 11 straight points for Detroit from the end of the third to the beginning of the fourth.
  • Looks like Rip wears sweatbands now.
  • I love Bo Outlaw’s glasses.
  • Darko did a bit better at his new home, 4-for-7 for 8 points and 6 rebounds.
  • The Magic didn’t score a field goal for the first 10:30 of the final period.
  • Detroit has won four straight on the road, and at 17-9 has the only winning road record in the Eastern Conference.
  • Hamilton logged 44 minutes.
  • Carlos Arroyo continues to drive the lane in traffic and get blocked.
  • Sheed blocked 3 shots, one was a monster block on Grant Hill in the fourth quarter.
  • Carlos Delfino had a season-high seven rebounds by halftime.
  • Webber and Saunders received technical fouls midway through the second quarter.
  • Ben at the Palace for the first time in a Bulls uniform.
  • Lindsey Hunter said. “But it’s different to play against Ben rather than 99% of the other guys in this league. That makes it fun.”
40 Responses to "Different Story, Same Ending: Pistons 94 Magic 89"
  1. Anonymous says:

omg who else is pumped for tomorrows game?!?!

^^ haha and i loveee the way lindsay put it !

but what did C Webb get a tech for???

2. Natalie says:

He bounced the ball hard on the court in frustration.

3. Amy says:

I can’t wait until tomorrow’s game!! Woo Woo!

4. Anonymous says:

ahh i cant wait either!! i already know im going to be going crazyyyy ! but i hope the pistons will play like they have been ! and this time we have chauncey !

5. jessica says:

We dont only have Chauncey.. we have C-Webb too!! I’m super excited about tomorrows game. I can not wait!!! I made sure I wasnt working tomorrow!

And Nat…. I have totally disagree with you on this one… I HATE BO OUTLAW’S GLASSES!!! Its like.. your not Kareem Abdul Jabar take them off!!

6. Anonymous says:

I going to the game tomorrow and I can’t wait! I’ll cheer for him during the introductions but after that the only I’m gonna cheer for him is when he misses a free throw. I wanna make a sign but I don’t really have any good ideas….any suggestions?

7. Natalie says:

I guess i wasn’t sarcastic enough… I think the glasses are Wack! So I we do agree Jessica.

As for the Ben sign…It all depend on your opinion of him. Do you want to rip him up?

8. Anonymous says:

Hey, Nat

Man I look forward to reading what u have to say about our Mighty Pistons. Its a real complete joy!

9. Natalie says:

Thanks Thor!

10. Anonymous says:

hopefully we wont let the bulls win like last time we played them in chi. we gotta remind ben, this isnt your court anymore, and your not gonna win on it! oh he better not win. that will take all the fun out of the rivalry. i have a good feeling about this one tho…

deeeeetroit basketball!

11. Anonymous says:

i dont hate ben.. i just hope we kick his and the bulls’ ass tomorrow so we can show him what he ditched for a little extra dough.. u kno make him feel like he made the wrongggg choice going to chi-town. because u know he did; he left a pretty good thing. and now he’s not doing nearly as well as he did when he was with the pistons.. he didnt even make allstar and he cant wear headbands lol!! but i think he does regret his decision, if not, he especially will after tomorrow !

GOO PISTONS !!!!

12. Anonymous says:

I wanna make a sign to make him feel sorry he ever left Detroit for the Baby Bulls.

13. Dom(I'm BACK) says:

Damn it i’m so pissed once again not only was today a shitty day…..but tomorrow will be one too….cuz I got conned into work a 12-7 ….And I had completely forgot about the game until after I had took the shift…..But I say everyone should cheer for ben….But I still hope the pistons whoop his ass..

14. Anonymous says:

poor guy, has to face ALLLL of Detroit tomorrow.. wont be very pretty

something he shouldve thought about when he left

15. Taylor says:

Well living in Chicago as a Detroit fan is tough, but I am going to go to the Bulls bar around the corner from me to root for the Pistons!

16. Junior says:

I have to say tomorrow at the game after they announce bens name, I am gonna have to boo him. I cheered him many years for the good he brought us. Now its time for me to boo him for leaving us empty handed. No hard feelings. Natalie what are you gonna do during Bens intro?

17. Anonymous says:

personally i want everyone in the crowed to boo him 10 times louder than they did to artest the other night!! screw ben wallace he aint no pistons anymore!

18. Anonymous says:

a detroit news article today talks about how ben texted sheed before the orlando game, warning sheed not to get a silly tech so he wouldn’t be suspended for this game and ben could still play against him. plus this funny quote from lindsey:
    “And since he’s a Bull, he can expect to be ripped on just like every other opponent of the Pistons. When asked if he ‘feared the ‘fro,’ Lindsey Hunter laughed.

‘Please,’ he said, “I’m flagrant-fouling him.'”

priceless :)

19. Anonymous says:

20. Anonymous says:

Its GameDay !! Time To Beat Some Bulls And Show Big Ben What He Could’ve Been A Part Of !!!

21. Anonymous says:

man i live in England so this game don’t et aired till Monday, i’m so pissed but come on Detroit p.s. Chauncey is the man!

22. Anonymous says:

“I wouldn’t boo Ben,” Chauncey Billups said. “He was with this franchise all that time. I wouldn’t even second-guess it — I’d give him a standing ovation. He won a championship with this team. He was the face of this franchise for a lot of years and he made a decision (to leave) based on his family. It wasn’t about the Pistons, it was his family. No way I would even think about booing him if I was a fan.”

^^ awww.. i think chauncey has a point.. the decision WAS about money, but it was for his family.. and in that article from anonymous at 8:24 AM, it says big ben said hed be teary eyed if the fans didnt do anything for him. Big Ben WAS a piston and i think we should beat him and the bulls, but not boo him, because regardless he was a piston and he did stick with detroit for some time. but thats just me

23. Anonymous says:

i knew there’d be mixed reactions to ben…but DAMN, he’s getting booed like whoa every time he’s touchin the ball today

24. Anonymous says:

^^ noticed that, plus i think its funny how whenever a piston had finished shooting a free throw at the line, ben would step in along with the rest of the pistons, as if he was about to give the guy a butt tap and then remembered he wasn’t part of the team anymore, haha.

25. Anonymous says:

Damn, stop the constant booing already, guy performed beyond and above when he was a Piston. Show some love already.

Anyone see Rasheed try to sneak him the red headband?? LOL

26. Anonymous says:

^^hahah yea i saw that !! but mannn they’re being really disrespectful to him.. i feel bad for him.. everytime he gains position of the ball they boo him like crazyy… the guy did soo much for the pistons. they don’t need to be so disrespectful.

but i love how he and the pistons are still tight as hell and joking around about everything!

27. Anonymous says:

wow coach flip is pretty fired up right now…think he’s also taking this a bit personally since he didn’t get along with big ben?

28. Nate says:

Maxiell was a breath of fresh air!! We were not challenging any shots in the paint, then Maxiell comes in and starts rejecting shots like crazy! He took Ben on twice during dunk attempts, situations where most players would have stepped aside. Maxiell was the reason for the surge that put us on top…player of the game.

29. Anonymous says:

^^most defff agree with you!

what a gameeee though !

enough said :]

30. Anonymous says:

31. Anonymous says:

32. Evan says:

Great win today. C-Webb showing that he can get it done on the offensive end way more than Ben ever could (sinking another 3 pointer today). Tayshaun stepped it up which was nice to see.

Side note: Anyone notice how much dunking Rip has been doing lately? I think he’s wearing the sweatbands to protect his wrists since he’s dunking now.

33. gee gee says:

this game was a clincher during the end when gordon tried to make that 3, but as always during these situation the pistons find a way to prevail.
    and i felt so sorry for ben everybody booed the poor fellow everytime the ball touched his hands, but i cut him some slack, i only booed him once.lol
    and i want to say hip hip hooray to j max, taking out ben not once but twice, someone who he looked up to at that, you go boy. can we say fear the malicious maxx lol
    and that is funny how ben teased sheed about the techs and he ended up getting some while sheed was on his best behavior.
    a very good game…good job pistons at not giving up and taking back the lead and winning
    this is a good energy boost for the pistons and i hope they keep this up and do good when they play the heat later on.

34. Anonymous says:

great game !!

but the booing was veryy unneccessary! doesnt everyone remember how big ben ALWAYS had the pistons backs??? dont they rememeber all the things he brought to the pistons?? ben is an important part of pistons history.. without him ever coming to detroit they may be a completely different kind of team…and without him leaving they may not be what they are today

all im saying is we should have given the guy a better welcome back

35. gee gee says:

oh by the wayd did anybody catch the sign a fan was holding of ben wallace where his afro was made of money and the sign said “fear the dough” that was priceless

36. pistons tiil the daii ii diie says:

so nat.. max blocked 2 of ben’s shots??? …. you do remember what you said.. dont you???? *LOL*

37. Anonymous says:

maxiell could beat ben 1 on 1

38. jessica says:

Hey Nat.. have you seen that NBA fanvoice thing?? I think you should really do it. You know you will get picked and that will probably even up your chances to doing bigger and better things with the pistons.. dont you think??

I think its a great opportunity and you should definitely try it!!!

39. nick says:

Bo Outlaw has the ugliest aim when he shoots FT’s. It “looks” like a guaranteed miss. LOL.

40. nick says:

I saw the Fear the Dough sign yesterday as I was at the game. I saw another sign that said something like Who needs Ben, we got C-Webb.

Wed Oct 29       79-89