Chauncey Billups was just 1-9 until he caught fire in the fourth quarter to help propel The Pistons past The Cavs 87-71. Chauncey hit three jumpers, two of them 3-pointers in the first minutes of the fourth as the Pistons went on a 14-3 run to open a 71-58 lead in the fourth quarter.
The score was close, and it looked like it was going to go down to the wire, but The Pistons defense and their hot shooting helped pull them away in the fourth quarter.
The Pistons defense forced The Cavs into shooting a horrible 18% in the third quarter and 34% for the night. Collectively the Pistons did a nice job shutting LeBron down, especially in the second half. But he still led the Cavaliers with 26 points, going 9-20 from the floor.
- Rasheed returned with 9 points, 6 rebounds in 25 minutes.
- Tayshaun Reggie Millered The Cavs Daniel Gibson.
- Will Blalock played 10 minutes and did a fine job backing up Chauncey.
- Carlos Delfino played great D against LeBron.
- LeBron is immune from Techs, I can’t remember how many times I saw him complain about an AND-1. For some people that results in a T.
- The Cavs fans booed Sheed every time he touched the ball.
- The Cavs fand booed their own team in the fourth quarter when it was clear they were going to lose.
- I have been to, and have seen hundreds of Pistons games. I have never witnessed Pistons fan boo their own team. Not even in the teal days, and that’s saying something.
- I like Kenny, Charles and Ernie Johnson. I will take TNT over ESPN any day.
- Steve Kerr and Marv Alpert were gushing over Mad Max, even more so after this happened.
- Surprisingly they interviewed Maxiell right at halftime. They told him of the comparisons he was getting to Charles Barkley. Good for him.
- “They are still a Powerhouse” said LeBron James after the game.
- I still want to unload my nephews paint ball gun at Anderson Varejao. I might just use this as target practice.
- McDyess had his breakout game of the season, a double-double, 11 points and 11 rebounds. Although his season high is just 11 he looked like the Dyess of old, which is a good sign.
- What’s the deal with the patch of hair on the back of Drew Gooden’s head? Did Stevie Wonder give him a haircut?
- Tayshaun had his best game in while, going 8-11 with 16 points 8 rebounds, 3 assists and that Reggie Miller block.
- Mr. Mohammed had a solid game.
- Ilgauskas looks like he joined The Club over the summer.
- Flip Murray played just 9 minutes and was 0-3.
- Rip had an off shooting night going 4-10 in just 29 minutes.
- Flip Saunders is using the bench well. For now at least.
- Big Z is soft.
- The Shins new single, Phantom Limb is really good. I have been listening to it on replay as I write this.
- Super Dupe got some playing time.
- Maxiell scored 11 points in 16 minutes.
- Kid Rock was in the house.
- The Cavs had just 9 turnovers, The Pistons had 10.
- I was pleasantly surprised when The Pistons shots started dropping in the fourth quarter.
- What happened to Webster, he barely played and when he did he was nonexistent.
- Scott Pollard has nothing better to do than get a mowhawk.
- The Pistons are now a game and a half in front of Chicago for 1st place in the Central division.
- It was nice to have breathing room at the end of the game.
- I laughed when someone left me a comment after the game that read “SPANK YOU VERY MUCH!”
- GO Pistons!